Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a economical but decent quality dash cam. Market is full of cheap and expensive dash cams.
Any recommendations for happy medium range which is Easy on pocket and get the work done for dash cam ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
In the past years I’ve used Mini 0803, 0805, 0806 and 0807 series and while the video are decent but they’re crappy and won’t last. I must have bought over 15 dash cams between me and my family members, we recently switch all of them to Viofo 119S and Aukey single and dual dash cam. Price and quality are very good and won’t hurt your pocket, these dash cams are my preference and there’s no need to spend money on expensive dash cam. While expensive cameras are very good but it doesn’t justify the cost of ownership imo, I can get 2 or 3 cameras as a replacement in case it craps out and that’s how I look at it. Do what float your boat and GL, Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobsingh

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
i have rexing v1 3rd gen. front and rear. i also havehad several other brands, and here are some caveats. the suction cup ones obscure vision. the stick on ones have lousy adhesive(replaced all with 3m vhb). i think gps is a must have. 1080p is old tech. lots of new cams with 4k(not REAL 4k, but close) and wifi. dont be taken in with cams that have big displays. they get in the way, and the best way to view is to load the sd card on to the computer. sd card must be high endurance. the ones that attach to the mirror suck. customer support on some brands REALLY suck. early cams had battery problems, the ones i have are battery, and they have been flawless. you dont want to have them on 24/7, or you will go thru sd cards. so, the rexings i have are not true 4k, rexing wifi does not work at 4k(1440p it does), and even then, the wifi is iffy. gps module costs an additional 30 bucks. customer service has been outstanding. i think the market is in transition now, and there will be lots of cams with true 4k and good wifi. and i think everyone should have front and rear dashcams

·
Registered
941 Posts
i have a differing opinion on cameras with screens....... i think having an lcd is useful. you can 1) see where the camera is pointing without loading/unloading/going inside to a pc/viewing/loading the sd card/making adjustments/repeat, and 2) you can verify that it's actually working.

I've also had a number of cameras.. currently I've got a Rexing S500 in my wife's car.. which I don't think is available anymore except for maybe used/aftermarket sellers.. and in mine I have a BlackVue DR490-2CH with no screen....... and can never tell if the lens is aimed properly if I bump it out of place, frequently have been finding that the camera isn't even recording, and also that the rear camera is not recording.. I'd instantly know if I had a lcd screen on the camera. I'm thinking about replacing this $230 system with something else just so I know it's working by looking at it.

When I recently popped out my card to just review videos... I found that it actually hadn't even been recording for 4 months...

Also pay attention to the wiring and functionality of the camera.. my blackvue I have to unplug all the cords and open a door to get the memory card out ... not the most inconvenient thing but it's slightly annoying. Small things like that make a camera nicer or less nice to own/use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I recently popped out my card to just review videos... I found that it actually hadn't even been recording for 4 months...
Yeah, make sure you periodically check that everything is working. I have the A119 and had not reviewed anything for a long time (nothing had happened). Then when I did need it, I realized that it had been hosed for like 6 months. Required a firmware upgrade to fix. Luckily nothing happened to my car but it would have been nice to have that video to show to the police.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's lot of options on Amazon, but I use Roav By Anker, DashCam A1, Dash Cam, Dashboard Camera Recorder with Sony Exmor 323 Sensor, 1080P FHD, NightHawk Vision, Wide-Angle View, WiFi, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, and Night Mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts