Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DDpai M6+ dashcam saved from my 2011 Ford Edge. Has anyone installed a windshield mounted dashcam on a 2019/20 Santa Fe?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a DDpai M6+ dashcam saved from my 2011 Ford Edge. Has anyone installed a windshield mounted dashcam on a 2019/20 Santa Fe?
I have a dashcam from my previous vehicle, but I've been lazy and haven't installed it yet. My main concern is that the windshield in the SFE is much shorter than my previous car. I already have to duck down a bit to see some stoplights, and don't want a cam further blocking my view. I may have to install it to the right of the rear-view mirror.

For wiring, I bought an adapter that will pull power directly from the fuse panel, since I hate exposed cords.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a dashcam from my previous vehicle, but I've been lazy and haven't installed it yet. My main concern is that the windshield in the SFE is much shorter than my previous car. I already have to duck down a bit to see some stoplights, and don't want a cam further blocking my view. I may have to install it to the right of the rear-view mirror.

For wiring, I bought an adapter that will pull power directly from the fuse panel, since I hate exposed cords.
Ok. The connection my 2011 Edge was always hot but I found that occasionally the camera would not turn off, which it should have after 15 minutes of non-activity. I am wondering if you checked out the path for the usb cable.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want dashcams for my 2020 Santa Fe SEL. I am looking at the following. I used to have Anker Roav C1 dashcam on my previous car, Camry. It was small compact, easy to remove and had wifi and only around $45. The only negative was it is a battery cam and not a super capacitor. I installed it, hardwired at bestbuy. I hope they will still install the dashcam I bring to them for my new Santa Fe.
Viofo A129 GPS Dual Lens Dash Cam

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ok. The connection my 2011 Edge was always hot but I found that occasionally the camera would not turn off, which it should have after 15 minutes of non-activity. I am wondering if you checked out the path for the usb cable.
All 12v and USB go cold when the car is off.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
254 Posts
I want dashcams for my 2020 Santa Fe SEL. I am looking at the following. I used to have Anker Roav C1 dashcam on my previous car, Camry. It was small compact, easy to remove and had wifi and only around $45. The only negative was it is a battery cam and not a super capacitor. I installed it, hardwired at bestbuy. I hope they will still install the dashcam I bring to them for my new Santa Fe.
Viofo A129 GPS Dual Lens Dash Cam
I got my A129 pro installed at best buy. They did a pretty good job. My GPS module quit working so they are sending out another. Apparently this is a popular issue with Viofo cams.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,521 Posts
There are several dashcam threads in this forum. Why reinvent the wheel? Just search for them. Here is just one.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
618 Posts
Anyone installed dash cam without adhesive or suction cup or vent clip? LOL
Looking for non invasive installation ideas.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my A129 pro installed at best buy. They did a pretty good job. My GPS module quit working so they are sending out another. Apparently this is a popular issue with Viofo cams.
You bought your A129 pro at Bestbuy or just did the installation there at best buy? The Pro version is $100 more. the Regular A129 is $160. If I buy I will buy the non pro version to save $100. I don't know much about the duo thing or front and rear combo thing. But I do need a dashcma for front and rear both.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,521 Posts
Maybe try bubble gum?

But seriously, how invasive is a suction cup, or adhesive, on windshield glass? Why fear it? I’ve never seen a vent mount dashcam.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
618 Posts
Markings and residuals. Looking for quick install / remove without any trace. I have some ideas, but no free time to implement...might have to defer as a small project in retirement.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You bought your A129 pro at Bestbuy or just did the installation there at best buy? The Pro version is $100 more. the Regular A129 is $160. If I buy I will buy the non pro version to save $100. I don't know much about the duo thing or front and rear combo thing. But I do need a dashcma for front and rear both.
Bought from Amazon. Installed at BB.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the pro is
the difference is the pro is 4k, and a TRUE 4k. the regular is 1080p. however, BOTH pro and regular rear cameras are only 1080. i am waiting for an extension(should be here tomorrow), then i have 2 of the 4k singles that i will be installing front and rear. in my experience, 4k resolution gives a really good image of license plates, 1080 does not. i think 100 bucks is well worth the way better resolution

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bought from Amazon. Installed at BB.
Did you call or just went straight to BB tonn BBC install? When I called they said they only install the dashcam they sell but I went there anyway and they installed. took couple of hours. I think I should go ahead with the Viofo A129 duo order on amazon

·
Registered
141 Posts
That doesn't leave much for options. Maybe a clip mount like this?
But then it's a matter of finding a compatible dashcam, something that will clip in and still have a clear forward view. I feel like it would be easier to use a suction cup mount and keep an alcohol pad for any residue.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Did you call or just went straight to BB tonn BBC install? When I called they said they only install the dashcam they sell but I went there anyway and they installed. took couple of hours. I think I should go ahead with the Viofo A129 duo order on amazon
I have the Viofo 119S using it for the rear and Aukey for the front for our SF, not a fan of the Viofo but that’s just my opinion. I’m also using an Aukey dual dash cam for our Lexus RX, you can have a look at Aukey dual dash cam and the price are a bit cheaper compared to A129 if you want to save a few dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Anyone know what’s the fuse type on 2020 Santa Fe ? Is it mini, micro , standard or low profile ? I am getting the hardwire kit but need a fuse and my seller told me to know the right fuse to buy . Viofo 3-Wire Hardwire Kit for the A119V3, A129 and A129 DUO (with or without a Tap-A-Fuse Kit)

Micro.
Amazon.com: FuseTech Micro2 17 Piece Automotive Fuse Assortment and Holders Pack (2 Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapters, 14 Blade Fuses + Fuse Puller) 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A: Industrial & Scientific

For my dashcam installation at BestBuy, they didn't need the fuse taps. You should ask the installer what is needed before purchasing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Micro.
Amazon.com: FuseTech Micro2 17 Piece Automotive Fuse Assortment and Holders Pack (2 Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapters, 14 Blade Fuses + Fuse Puller) 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A: Industrial & Scientific

For my dashcam installation at BestBuy, they didn't need the fuse taps. You should ask the installer what is needed before purchasing.
[
Micro.

I can't just call bestbuy and ask what I need, they only make appointments for installation. How was your dashcam hardwired without the fuse? The dashcam seller told me I will need a hardwire kit Viofo 3-Wire Hardwire Kit for the A119V3, A129 and A129 DUO (with or without a Tap-A-Fuse Kit) and then purchase 2 fuses from the link which is about $ 2 extra, but he told me he can't tell me what fuse 2020 Santa Fe has. May I ask you how you know it is the micro 2 fuse type I need?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't just call bestbuy and ask what I need, they only make appointments for installation. How was your dashcam hardwired without the fuse? The dashcam seller told me I will need a hardwire kit Viofo 3-Wire Hardwire Kit for the A119V3, A129 and A129 DUO (with or without a Tap-A-Fuse Kit) and then purchase 2 fuses from the link which is about $ 2 extra, but he told me he can't tell me what fuse 2020 Santa Fe has. May I ask you how you know it is the micro 2 fuse type I need?
Yes you can call best buy and ask when you make your appointment. You can go to the store and ask the technician if you want. Just my advice to help save money and not order what you may not need. I believe he spliced a wire. I know from personal experience because I pulled a fuse to check the type. This is the exact kit that I ordered....but again, I ended up not needing because the technician installed by different method than using fuse taps.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts