Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a bulb in my dash go out, was wondering if this is a "DIY" or should I take it to the dealer? I'm at 44,000 miles so my electrical warranty is probably up, and they'll probably charge me an arm & a leg. Any one out there ever replace a dash bulb? It's in the R.P.M side of the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Without pouring through the warranty's fine print, I would think (hope) this is covered. Seems like this would be a pretty big job. Good luck.

Geoff

·
22,793 Posts
I get this vision of the whole enchilada having to be removed to access that little fella. Then, again, if you knew where to reach, a small pair of hands may be able to get up behind the dash. Although I find that highly improbable.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
This should be part of the base warranty I believe. Those dash lights should never burn, if it burns then it failed.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
This should be part of the base warranty I believe. Those dash lights should never burn, if it burns then it failed.
Given they're LEDs, they should be good for the life of the car. Talk to your dealer before attempting to repair it yourself.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I get this vision of the whole enchilada having to be removed to access that little fella. Then, again, if you knew where to reach, a small pair of hands may be able to get up behind the dash. Although I find that highly improbable.
Your probably thinking of the movie "Fantastic Voyage"! You'd probably have to be that small to fit behind the instrument cluster. LOL! I did this on an '01 Elantra, and had to remove the entire dash fascia along with the gauge cluster to replace bulbs. As another poster stated, I'd definitely bring this to the dealer for warranty repair.

·
22,793 Posts
Your probably thinking of the movie "Fantastic Voyage"! You'd probably have to be that small to fit behind the instrument cluster. LOL!
Loved that movie, or maybe it was Raquel Welch in the tight jump suit. Anyway, you're probably right. That's a tough job. I removed the dash/console on an '86 Volvo 240 DL to replace the blower motor. Twice!!! Glad those days are over.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
you could probably just call them first and ask instead of driving there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts