Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving my 2013 HSH at highway speeds in the daylight, and suddenly my entire dashboard dimmed for about 3-4 minutes, then restored for a couple of minutes then dimmed again. This cycle occurred about 5 times. (Not including the entertainment console).

On the return trip, it was fine?

I am going to take it to the shop, but what could be the problem. I have had the car about 1000 miles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The instruments will change depending on how bright it is out. It could change in a dark underpass or in extremely cloudy or stormy weather too.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Did you have your driving lights on? There may have been something that triggered the dimming from that. I always turn my lights off during the day to save battery power and not have to deal with that!

Chuck

·
Registered
543 Posts
What Steelious said. The sensor is located on the top of the dashboard tucked up underneath the windshield. It will dim or brighten the dash lights based on the ambient light outside. Depending on the angle the sun or if a shadow hits it, it may make go bright/dim - especially during sunrise/sunset conditions, driving directly towards the sun and then turning a corner heading away from the sun, driving through tree shadows, etc.

I accidentally threw some napkins over it once and the lights went dim.

You can go into the settings and disable the auto feature to select the brightness manually if desired.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have your driving lights on? There may have been something that triggered the dimming from that. I always turn my lights off during the day to save battery power and not have to deal with that!

Chuck
My lights were on 'AUTO'. But the highway was straight and treeless, and I was driving at high noon in bright sun, so no shade or turns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer report

Did you get it in to the dealer? I'd be interested in knowing what they thought about it.
So, I took it in and they ran the diagnostics on the interior body Con
troller, but everything read out fine. They were stumped, and told me to return if the problem returns....it has been fine since that one afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts