Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just got my 3rd Tib, a 2001 this time. Looks like the biggest interior issue is the dash is curling up at the defrost vents. It is not soft or pliable, very hard to push down. Not sure if adhesive would hold it down unless it was more pliable. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'd rather look into options of fixing it and not having to do a complete dash tear down. The idea's I had were using heat like perhaps a heat gun, hairdryer or running defrost heat and directing all the air underneath to soften it up. Or waiting for one of the super hot summer days until it is more pliable and using high temp epoxy.

Any one these options sound viable? Has anyone else had this happen to their RD?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Never seen a warped dash fixed. I look forward to seeing what you get.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be right. Worth a try though. If not, there is a good junkyard one I know of close to me. Anyone have a link to a good service manual? Anything particularly hard about pulling this dash? Tips?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
You may be right. Worth a try though. If not, there is a good junkyard one I know of close to me. Anyone have a link to a good service manual? Anything particularly hard about pulling this dash? Tips?

Thanks.
See if the guys at the yard can tell you. If they take them out they'll know as well as anyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts