Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice now and on the second time I hadn't started the engine and noticed that the lights had not gone out. I switched off and on again and the lights went out.

Only thing in common is the outside temperature was around 4dgs City.

Here's my original post from another hyundai forum.

Due to the Christmas break, I haven't started my SF (2010 CM-R auto) for a few days.

Jumped in this morning, started the engine,* got out to clear the windows of dew, on getting back in I noticed the following lights on the dashboard,

Traction control light on -stable

Abs light on -stable

Glowplug light - flashing

I immediately turned off the engine, waited a couple of seconds, restarted the engine and all the lights extinguished as they should.
I then went on my merry way without further incident.
Should I be concerned and get it checked or see if it happens again? It has now....
Has anyone else experienced this strange behaviour before?
Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been reading around the internet and it looks like it could be the stop lamp switch. Other people have had the same lights before they figured out what the problem is. It will cause your brake , I believe, to not come on when you press the brake. Apparently, there has been a recall for your model of Santa Fe with faulty brake switches. This could be your problem. I would contact your dealer and ask them for a diagnosis then go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts