Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all if anyone could help please.
I have a 2005 terracan 2.9 just recently I have noticed three lights on the dash have been lighting up very dim. as I drive they go on and off over bumps. the lights are battery, brake warning and diesel filter. help please John

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Those three lights are all tied in with the alternator. Sounds like you maybe have a high resistance on the alternator wiring or the engine ground.

When you have a significantly higher voltage coming out the alternator than you have at the battery it sometimes causes the battery light to glow a little, which in turn causes the other two lights to glow because they are all linked inside the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all if anyone could help please.
I have a 2005 terracan 2.9 just recently I have noticed three lights on the dash have been lighting up very dim. as I drive they go on and off over bumps. the lights are battery, brake warning and diesel filter. help please John
Sorry havent been on for a year but mine did the same and it is the Alternator,my lights came on for 5seconds to 15 seconds and then just go off and everything normal but they would still flicker which is very annoying because tests at the shop didn't find anything wrong,it just died one day and then had a new alternater put on and no problems since(knock on wood)If yours is solved I hope this helps someone else!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi folks my 2005 Automatic Terracan is driving great but at times itjust seems to lose power while driving almost like changing gears!It does it at any speed and is fine within seconds as if nothing has happened!Would anyone out there have had the same problem and what did you do to fix it?Will get some injector cleaner and try that but it sucks being in the dark!Thank you and if no reply I will keep the group informed to help someone else!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts