Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 accent with 29K miles. At random times the abs and the anti slip lights will come one, and the speedometer will stop working. If I turn the car off, it is OK when i start again. The dealer said mice are eating the wires. (i highly doubt this) The wires if damaged would not allow the lights to work. The dealer says this would be hard to determine what causes this since there is no engine code that trips.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Get the codes out of the skid/abs module.
BTW What dealer didn't know to scan that module and not the engine only?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of the dealers I talked to mentioned the codes for this. They all talked about mice eating the wires. Only one arc is adviser
Mentioned the abs tone ring could be
The issue.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe a vehicle speed sensor, since the speedometer stopped working

·
Registered
507 Posts
It might, I'm not sure, because the transmission speed does not match the wheel speed, it could affect traction control though. The VSS is on top of the transmission closer to the engine, maybe look at the wires in that area, maybe something is obvious.
Maybe Autozone can check for codes on the ABS for free?
I don't ehink a wheel sensor would affect the speedometer, but I could be wrong.
A little off topic, but to illustrate:
I replaced a tie rod end on my 11 Sonata, this caused the alignment to go out, because the alignment was out, the steering was not pointed exactly straight going down the road, so the combination of the steering angle, and the wheel speed being slightly different, it activated traction control and slowed don the car, and pulsed the brakes.
These things are so interlinked with different sensors, when one becomes disconnected, or shorted, or intermittent several systems can be affected.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,939 Posts
None of the dealers I talked to mentioned the codes for this.
Of course there are codes for it. Regardless of whether mice ate the wires or not, you'd need to read the trouble code to know where to start looking for the damage.

From what you describe, my guess is you have a faulty wheel speed sensor. And since the speedometer stops working I'd even narrow that down to the front right wheel, since that's where the speedometer signal is supposed to come from (via can bus).

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
507 Posts
What is VSS on the transmission supposed to do?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ahhh, posted in 2006-2011, I looked up 2010 for reference. I guess 2016 is different

1 - 10 of 10 Posts