Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the procedure for changing the dash bulbs? Specifically the "Low Fuel" bulb?

Do you go in from the back, or remove the cluster cover?

Also, the bulb in the A/C switch/button burned out some time ago and the dealer said I have to buy a new switch. Has anyone gone in and changed the bulb in that switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You've burned out the low fuel bulb - in an Accent. Not busting your chops, but that's funny.

?

Watching for more about the AC on/off switch. I'm planning to retrofit a junkyard AC system when the timing belt & water pump get swapped out. We have a good radiator shop just a few blocks down the street here - they do a lot of AC work as well, so when it's all buttoned up in the car I'll let them make it blow cold air.

Near as I can tell, the switch is the only thing to add or change in the panel itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
some of the bulbs can be changed by removing the instrument cluster, from the back its simple to twist them out and install a new bulb. this will work for lights such as your, check engine light, abs, brakes etc. not sure if the fuel light is one of them but you can check.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, it's not the bulb.

I see no designated fuse.

Anybody suggest a next step? Is the sending unit attached to the fuel level gauge and can it be accessed without removing the tank?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,940 Posts
Anybody suggest a next step?
Yeah, try a bypass test on the low fuel sensor.

Lift the rear seat and remove the plastic access panel to gain access to the fuel pump module.
Disconnect the harness connector. It's a 5 terminal connector with a row of 3 and a row of 2 terminals.
Use a short link wire to bridge the two outer terminals on the row of 3.
With the link in place, switch the ignition on and see if the low fuel warning is illuminated.
If not, the problem isn't the likely to be with the sender unit in the tank.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Red and Autospark. It may take me a few days to get to this.

Is it a thyristor that triggers the light, like on a motorcycle?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts