Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2016 Hyundai i30 Tourer S (UK)

I have a dashcam and I've run the wiring round to the fuse box, below the steering wheel. I'm using a piggy back fuse tap to power the camera. This is the 4th time I've fitted one of these, including on a 2010 i30 and a 2007 kia c'eed - I hope someone can help me because I think I'm going mad...

No matter what fuse use for the tap it instantly turns the camera on, I don't even have the keys in the ignition. I've tried the power windows, media, one that looks like a picture of the radio antenna (which I assume is the radio power) and the power sock adapters - based the the labeling on the inside of the fuse panel cover. I did double check things like the radio wouldn't work and the power windows wouldn't work. I'm using the screw that is bottom right of the fuse box as the ground. Obviously if I leave it in that state, I'll be waking up to a flat battery in the morning.

I gave up on that and with the piggy back tap and a multi-meter I can see there is 12 volts between the screw and the fuse circuit. I've done the same check on one of the screws above the fuse box, with the same result.

I did have the drivers door and the door behind it open while I was doing this.

My question is, what am I missing? Its like the whole car is powered up, even though nothing works and the keys aren't in it. Surely this can't be just because the doors were open.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Jon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts