Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Aukey DR02J in my Palisade this morning. Any ideas on how to remove the A pillar cover. I was able to pop it loose but not completely off. I used a bore scope to see it was hanging on by a clip (see below) that is impossible to get to with fingers. I can get one screw driver to one side but think I might have to fabricate a tool to get to the other side of the clip. I think if I could get the tools there and squeeze it together it would pry out. I ended up running the wire without removing it but I don't care much for the airbag interference having a wire in front of it. Other than that it's a great dash cam. I have 3 others installed in vehicles and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tiny hands or long set of pinchers are needed to press both sides of clip - I posted an image in a another forum but they will not let me add image or link on first post

·
Registered
1 Posts
I keep pushing off this work because I don't want to deal with the A-pillar. I really wish I could get a repair manual or get info from someone that has explored the wiring near the rear view mirror or sunroof. I'd really prefer to hardwire my dashcam up there and be done with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Success! It can be done. Right hand around the back of the trim by the windshield. You need to have a bit of a fingernail to dig under the tab. Left hand palm towards you and get your fingernail under the tab and push. Almost painful. You definity need smaller hands. Once it pops out of there just wiggle it out of the dash. I'll try and post a few pics tomorrow but I'm not sure they will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts