Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the Door and Dash kits I purchased from CarID. I think it makes a big difference. They were easy to install and the directions are excellent. They come packaged really well for delivery.[attachment=21281:Hyundai_Dash1.jpg][attachment=21282:Hyundai_Door_2.jp
g]

Revised pictures added. Sorry!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's like wallpaper for your car :whistling:

I do like it. I was thinking of installing the gray marble type pattern. I think it looks cool. I was wondering if it will peel off on very hot days?

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (howkle @ Nov 15 2010, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371793
Here are some pictures of the Door and Dash kits I purchased from CarID. I think it makes a big difference. They were easy to install and the directions are excellent. They come packaged really well for delivery.[attachment=21281:Hyundai_Dash1.jpg][attachment=21282:Hyundai_Door_2.jp
g]

Revised pictures added. Sorry!
I think they look great. Does it really look that good. are there any problem areas that you are not happy with or that were very difficult to install?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (sailpowerd @ Nov 15 2010, 03:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371896
I think they look great. Does it really look that good. are there any problem areas that you are not happy with or that were very difficult to install?
Yes, I think it does look that good. There were some pieces on the dash that took longer to install and more patience. Both kits took me two hours to complete in total. They use 3M backing so I believe they will stay attached for a long time.

The only pieces that did not come out as good were the ones on the steering wheel. I believe this is because the background is porous vs. totally flat.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (howkle @ Nov 15 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371910
Yes, I think it does look that good. There were some pieces on the dash that took longer to install and more patience. Both kits took me two hours to complete in total. They use 3M backing so I believe they will stay attached for a long time.

The only pieces that did not come out as good were the ones on the steering wheel. I believe this is because the background is porous vs. totally flat.
You did a very nice job on the install. The lines look factory.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Looks REALLY good. I wanted the tan interior but the SE didn't offer the tan interior. I added a wood grain kit to my Nissan Rogue almost 2 years ago and it's held up remarkably well (3M adhesive). It does get soft in some areas when it's been out in hot weather, but no problems. The black and gray interior was so drab the wood added a little life plus adds a luxury touch too.

I want the brushed aluminum/ chrome for my SE, lighten up the black interior some.

Ray

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I went with a darker rosewood wood kit in my Harbour grey with black interior. Definantely brightens things up. Went with Sheerwood Innovation kit and it's been through hot summer and now cold winter and nothings has peeled or bubbled or anything. It uses 3M too. I left the piano black on the upper door and air vents, and it actually goes pretty well. Too much wood is a bad thing too. Actually prefer Sheerwoods design around the AC where they left it black compared to CarID's wood surround.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Nov 15 2010, 11:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372072
I went with a darker rosewood wood kit in my Harbour grey with black interior. Definantely brightens things up. Went with Sheerwood Innovation kit and it's been through hot summer and now cold winter and nothings has peeled or bubbled or anything. It uses 3M too. I left the piano black on the upper door and air vents, and it actually goes pretty well. Too much wood is a bad thing too. Actually prefer Sheerwoods design around the AC where they left it black compared to CarID's wood surround.
do you have any pics of your interior? i'd be interesting in seeing how your's look.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I prefer a more matte gloss, like the woods in the Infiniti M35. So classy and luxurious! Not plasticky

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (howkle @ Nov 15 2010, 05:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371910

I like it a lot on the doors, maybe not so much on the dash.

·
Registered
738 Posts
QUOTE (NapsterHC @ Nov 18 2010, 05:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372848
I like it a lot on the doors, maybe not so much on the dash.
that is the beauty of the kit, just install the pieces you want,, put the rest away for later in case you ever change your mind.

I went with sherwood also, so far, very happy with it......

My XG had the wood tone and I kind of missed it when I got the Sonata, so after a couple of months I ordered one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts