Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change my tires for the season and an employee at the auto shop scratched my roof rails and damaged roof fin on my 2019 Santa Fe Luxury trim. They’ve acknowledged the damage and agreed to repair it and was wondering what electronics are attached to the roof fin and if water damage is potentially an issue with the loosened fin. They told me that they will repair it in house unless it needs to be completely repaired from the dealer. Any ideas as to what could potentially be an issue here?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I went to change my tires for the season and an employee at the auto shop scratched my roof rails and damaged roof fin on my 2019 Santa Fe Luxury trim. They’ve acknowledged the damage and agreed to repair it and was wondering what electronics are attached to the roof fin and if water damage is potentially an issue with the loosened fin. They told me that they will repair it in house unless it needs to be completely repaired from the dealer. Any ideas as to what could potentially be an issue here?

View attachment 442931
View attachment 442932
View attachment 442933 View attachment 442934 View attachment 442935 View attachment 442936
You have a brand new car, with a warranty. There's no way I would let a tire shop fix that. You tell them that you have to have the dealer do it for warranty purposes, and they must pay the dealer bill.

·
Registered
393 Posts
To answer your question, it has the bluelink and GPS receiver. No special sealant as long as roof surface is flat and mounting points or fin are not damaged. Looks like it also pushed in some of your roof?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer your question, it has the bluelink and GPS receiver. No special sealant as long as roof surface is flat and mounting points or fin are not damaged. Looks like it also pushed in some of your roof?
It looks like Bluelink is working with GPS, but I’m just worried about roof dent and potential water damage if there were any sealant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a brand new car, with a warranty. There's no way I would let a tire shop fix that. You tell them that you have to have the dealer do it for warranty purposes, and they must pay the dealer bill.
I know. They are now trying to avoid me going to the dealer. Do I need to contact my insurance and also file an incident with the police? I don’t want them to now say they are not covering the damage..

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It
I know. They are now trying to avoid me going to the dealer. Do I need to contact my insurance and also file an incident with the police? I don’t want them to now say they are not covering the damage..
It doesn’t matter what they say to you. The tire shop is not your new best friend. They are the party that damaged your car AND they carry insurance. Contact your insurance company to report the damage and follow their instructions. Then get the vehicle to your dealer for proper repairs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would get advice from your insurance. In the event the repair is unsatisfactory (whoever is doing it), your insurance will be on your side. I would not let the same shop do the repair as they will be money pinching since it will be out of their pocket, or they can claim through their insurance. Do you trust :censored: their competency on the repair?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do as PMC Ernie suggests no need to go to the police as it happened on private property, advise your insurance company and let them handle the repair with the tire shop, find yourself another tire shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It

It doesn’t matter what they say to you. The tire shop is not your new best friend. They are the party that damaged your car AND they carry insurance. Contact your insurance company to report the damage and follow their instructions. Then get the vehicle to your dealer for proper repairs.
Thanks. That really helps. I called my insurance company and noted that I should at least file a police report with the incident. Hopefully insurance will take care of everything without my insurance being affected.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thanks. That really helps. I called my insurance company and noted that I should at least file a police report with the incident. Hopefully insurance will take care of everything without my insurance being affected.
Nobody can promise that your own insurance costs won’t be impacted, however, this is the best way to protect your interests. Funny, though, I can’t see the need to involve the police. Still, follow your insurance company’s guidance A to Z.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Going to the police days after the fact will get you nothing. Unless the police come to the scene, it's your word vs theirs. But it may be worthwhile to call your insurance company, get it fixed by whoever you trust, and have your insurance company go after them.

·
Registered
53 Posts

I thought the fin was the Serius/XM antenna, that's what it was on my previous vehicles. Hyundai may be using for the satellite antenna for Bluelink also.

mick
View attachment 442931
View attachment 442932
View attachment 442933 View attachment 442934 View attachment 442935 View attachment 442936

1 - 15 of 15 Posts