Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about orchestrating an actual meet thats devoted to kdm rides. I know we have HF (hyundai forums) meets and HP (hyundai performance) meets but i want to do something on a larger scale,to where people outside of the kdm market can actually come out to see what WE are doing and that we shouldnt be looked at the way we are. I really feel that the kdm scene is NOT present anywhere and we dont get as much respect in the car scene as we should. I want people to know that we get down too,from the kia forte's to hyundai genesis. I dont know when i will have this meet organized or anything,since its all in the early stages.

tell me your opinion on this and if you think its a NO or GO.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Well you Texas guys always seem to get the biggest meets together.

I know there are a couple Accent guys from this forum in my area but we have yet to get a meet together.

I more or less gave up on the local weekly hardparking car meets years ago, a lot of snobs that call themselves car enthusiasts, and cant see past a badge or stereotype. If you dont have some sick jdm **** or you arent a drifter, or a domestic with 500+hp, you're a joke.

If I ever showed up there with the Accent, I'm certain I would be looked down upon and lumped in the same group as the guy with a Tiburon with scissor doors, 20" rims, and neons, and thats not what Im about at all.

Your local scene may not be like this, but mine is.

When I want to go show off my car, I go autocross it. Much nicer group of folks.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Oct 21 2010, 03:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365206

I know there are a couple Accent guys from this forum in my area but we have yet to get a meet together.

I more or less gave up on the local weekly hardparking car meets years ago, a lot of snobs that call themselves car enthusiasts, and cant see past a badge or stereotype. If you dont have some sick jdm **** or you arent a drifter, or a domestic with 500+hp, you're a joke.

If I ever showed up there with the Accent, I'm certain I would be looked down upon and lumped in the same group as the guy with a Tiburon with scissor doors, 20" rims, and neons, and thats not what Im about at all.

When I want to go show off my car, I go autocross it. Much nicer group of folks.
+1

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Oct 21 2010, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365206

Sadly, this is the case. Car meets boil down to 'I spent THIIIIIIIIS much and you didn't. GTFO loser.'

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,i honestly roll up to meets and get laughed at. It doesnt bother me any because they dont know what they're in for. ive had people take a look at my car walk all around then get to the back (grilles out) and see the badge and say ahhh man its a hyundai and walk away.

the stigma attached to the badge is retarded. I might have gave up on my car a few times,neglected it but in the end i love this **** car and cant nobody make me feel like i CANT do what they're doing if not better. I want to make a meet for US hyundai drivers and kia drivers.

im just hoping that the hyundai scene will back me on this because im about to invest alot of myself into this because i believe that we have the opporotunity to set new trends and just step ourself up on the latter.

___ sorry for the random ramblings and what not,cars actin up a bit ____

i want to do this for me,you and every hyundai driver you know. i want this to be a national,international,intercontinental type of thing.

DAIFEST 2011 (prounounced day-fest just so you know)

who is with me?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
hey have you signed up on streetkiaz.com, lots of people there.

also theres some tiburon and elantra guys over at crookedh.com

you could probably pull a pretty good sized meet together.

i can say I probably wouldnt make it though due to the likely distance away from me and impending house and wedding thigns coming up all next year

but, good luck sir

1 - 6 of 6 Posts