Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 HYUNDAI TUCSON and all of a sudden the DAB radio has stopped working. Initially i thought perhaps it was the weather playing with the signal, but after 3 days i realised none of my DAB favourites worked. The FM and AM work as they should. Its odd as this has come about out of the blue. I have tried the following:

1. Re scanned the radio, and i just get FM stations back
2. Pressed the little reset hole on the front of the headset
3. Checked that i can get DAB station from inside my home and checked local transmitters websites and there are no issues.
4. I checked the connections at the rear of the headset by taking dashboard apart.
5. Checked connections on bottom of shark fin.

I presume the AM/FM aerial goes from the bottom of shark fin to the top of the rear windscreen, as i disconnected a black cable (i recollect) which made the signal go fuzzy. Im not sure where the DAB aerial is. Is it the shark fin ??

I'm a bit of loss as what to try next ?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Anton

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Under warranty, bring to dealer.

If not, time for an aftermarket upgrade, or salvage yard spelunking for parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 HYUNDAI TUCSON and all of a sudden the DAB radio has stopped working. Initially i thought perhaps it was the weather playing with the signal, but after 3 days i realised none of my DAB favourites worked. The FM and AM work as they should. Its odd as this has come about out of the blue. I have tried the following:

1. Re scanned the radio, and i just get FM stations back
2. Pressed the little reset hole on the front of the headset
3. Checked that i can get DAB station from inside my home and checked local transmitters websites and there are no issues.
4. I checked the connections at the rear of the headset by taking dashboard apart.
5. Checked connections on bottom of shark fin.

I presume the AM/FM aerial goes from the bottom of shark fin to the top of the rear windscreen, as i disconnected a black cable (i recollect) which made the signal go fuzzy. Im not sure where the DAB aerial is. Is it the shark fin ??

I'm a bit of loss as what to try next ?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Anton
I have the exact same problem, dealer has had the car for two days, but cannot find out the reason for the intermittent reception. Coincidently, my son has a Volkswagen Golf and has the same issue. Cannot find any issues with Dab itself on the web. Dealer has my car for one more day, will see and report back if problem is found.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the exact same problem, dealer has had the car for two days, but cannot find out the reason for the intermittent reception. Coincidently, my son has a Volkswagen Golf and has the same issue. Cannot find any issues with Dab itself on the web. Dealer has my car for one more day, will see and report back if problem is found.
Please let me know the outcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my Dab fixed finally, dealer had the car in for 4 days. They had to take part of the dashboard out. It wasn't the stereo nor the receiver. it was the wire coming down from the fin, across the roof lining and down the A pillar behind the dash. The wire had got caught and presumably crimped and created an intermittent loss of reception; they fixed it and so far today, no cut-outs at all. Time will tell obviously. Hope this might help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts