·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone...
I have a BIG problem with my hyundai getz
please help!!!
when I put the OBD test there is no problem...but she is smoking very bad
with the osciloscope the MAP sensor seems that is not working because he is fixed on 99 kpa value...that means there is no vaccum .
my problem is that I cant find this MAP sensor...where is it?I look all over the engine...on catalogue exists like spare part this map sensor but I cant find it...
does somebody know something about?
thanks a lot

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
with the osciloscope the MAP sensor seems that is not working because he is fixed on 99 kpa value...that means there is no vaccum .
There isn't a MAP sensor on a diesel engine. It will have a boost pressure sensor.

And there shouldn't be any vacuum in the inlet of a diesel engine, so it sounds like your sensor is working OK.

The boost pressure should increase to approx 200kpa during full throttle acceleration. If it doesn't you might have a boost leak (air hose loose) or maybe even a faulty turbo charger.

Gherzum Marius said:
my problem is that I cant find this MAP sensor...where is it?
I think the boost pressure sensor is mounted on top of the intercooler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for you kind reply

I believe you're right about the MAP pressure...but the ECU must know the pression of the turbo...and I didn't see neither on the intercooler something like that...but I will search it again.
on full throttle the value is still 99 kpa ...like there is no pressure....stable at sea level
so I have to find that sensor because there is a lot of smoke and is not oil...but diesel

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot
tomorrow I will search for it on the intercooler and I will answer you back
thank you for your reply...you're nice guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry again
I look on the intercooler but it hasn't the boost pressure sensor mounted on.
It is possible that the engine work without knowing the turbo pressure?
what should I do?there is some other way to have that information?because now I believe that I have air leaks even if I didn't see nothing
or maybe the turbocharger is dead...
what do you think autospark?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
I've taken a look at the wiring diagram for the 3 cylinder engine and I don't see any mention of a boost pressure sensor or a boost control valve, so it looks like your engine might not have one. It's a little odd that your getting a plausible reading in the data pid on the tool though.

Until recently I owned a later 4 cylinder CRDi Getz which has the boost sensor on the intercooler. I just assumed the 3 cyl engine would be the same.

How does the engine perform? Is it really slow to accelerate like there isn't any boost? How does the engine run at idle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know why when I put on the test there is the pressure value....anyway is stable at 99 that's why I was sure that my problem should be that sensor...but if there is not on this engine...I gotta look somewhere else
the engine run at idle perfectly, when I boost on the 1.500 rpm I fell some unbalance but I believe that is normal on a 3 cylinder engine...and is going up well to 4.500 rpm is not very powerfull but even when he is running at idle...there is a lot of smoke....

now if the sensor is not on ecu map...and I don't have air pressure leaks I have to search the turbo and the injectors...
I am sure that the smoke has nothing to do with the engine oil...he inject more gasoline then neccessary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.