Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I searched the forums and founds only D2 Coil Overs have been used.......anyone have experience with just the springs? They state they have a 2.0" drop which I would love, but would I need a camber kit?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stock spring length on YF Sonata?

Hey everyone....just got my D2 springs off the UPS trucK AND will hopefully have them in by this weekend, bit had one question for anyone that has the stock springs out of the car laying around........what is the measurement in the front and back springs from top coil to bottom? I am just curious on the difference before I start digging in because these springs look HUGE! Lol!

Oh.....and I can't find my **** wheel lock anywhere! Smh! May not get anything done!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey everyone....just got my D2 springs off the UPS trucK AND will hopefully have them in by this weekend, bit had one question for anyone that has the stock springs out of the car laying around........what is the measurement in the front and back springs from top coil to bottom? I am just curious on the difference before I start digging in because these springs look HUGE! Lol!

Oh.....and I can't find my **** wheel lock anywhere! Smh! May not get anything done!

Go to www.hmaservice.com sign up and you have access to shop manuals, wiring diagrams, TSBs (technical service bulletins) and more. Best results with Internet Explorer. Spring dimensions given in suspension specs section.

·
Registered
726 Posts
front and rear are both 11 1/2"

·
Registered
726 Posts
After measuring again, I have to agree with titanium skull. 11.5" and 12"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After measuring again, I have to agree with titanium skull. 11.5" and 12"
Thanks bro!! I am getting excited about this project for tomorrow!! if this drops the 2.0 as stated and drives like I have read.....then there may be an American company that can support the community!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so install just finished.....took a bit because I went and got a hydraulic spring compressor.

I guess I am going to have to.wait for the settling.......I am impatient too, so that sucks, but this is immediately after the install.

1382557679210.jpg

Here is the before........out of order yes, but here it is.

1382557719096.jpg

I feel like I don't see much going on, but maybe I was looking for the immediate 2 inch drop.

Guy at our local tire place said he had a set take about 3k miles to fully settle.........I can do that in no time, but again, I am not a patient person. Guess I will have to deal with waiting on this.

Anyway, there it is!

Oh, anyone have tricks for torquing the top nut in the strut? Feels Luke it is just spinning the cylinder the more I turned it......... thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
very nice.. i see a big difference in it already.. do you have pics from your install?
also where did you get the springs from? and $? if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dang it.....those are both after.....one on the concrete is right after I backed out of the shop at my father in law's house.....the second was in my driveway after a 20 minute drive......my bad....here is a true before

1382561769882.jpg

So......any difference to you all?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
very nice.. i see a big difference in it already.. do you have pics from your install?
also where did you get the springs from? and $? if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks Tommy. ...... I started taking some pics but the ARK DIY posted on the site was spot on even though it was an Optima which is the same car anyway. I got the springs from D2 racing. They have a site www.d2racing.com which has pricing, but I will send you my price.;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice drop. Keep us updated on the total drop. I would like to get a little lower but don't want to spend the money on coils.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe I am impatient!?

So, I installed my springs yesterday and I know there is settling time, but what is the most drop that some have seen after waiting for the springs to settle?

Also, my front passenger side just seems like it is higher than the rest by about 1/2 inch! I know they are in correctly, but should I check it again to make sure? Anyone have either oft head issues?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts