Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking to get some D2 lowering springs for my car but have a couple concerns? First I'm running a 18x8in rim with a 225/45R/18 tire, I'm wondering if I will get rubbing with this set up if I put on these springs, the first set of D2 springs I seen said they drop the front 1.6 and rear 1.5, the second set I seen said they drop the front 2.0 rear 1.8, has anyone done one of these two set ups running close to the same tire size? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, even with the 2in ones it will still be ok? I'm not looking to slam the car the roads are to bad down here for that, I just wanna get rid of that **** wheel well gap.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just a heads up.....I worked with D2 regarding the drop on the springs when I put mine one a couple months ago....I only saw a 1.25" drop....so did a couple others that I know. So, do not think you will get a 2" drop because there was a "misprint on the application guide." You will only see a 1.25" drop and there will be about 3/4-1" gap left.

If you still want the springs please let me know via PM and I will hook you up with a POC and you can get these shipped for a VERY good price instead of the $175 retail!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I do want to add that the only issue I have had with the D2 springs is the lack of the 2" drop......I bought them just on that factor alone. However, the ride and handling is nothing short of great!! It is flatter around corners and still sits high enough not to scrape....I want it to scrape, but I guess it is for the better until i can pull the trigger on their coilovers ;) I did install these over the stock struts and shocks, and no bottoming at all.

If you are good with a 1.25" drop and want to save some $$ then let me know....I still recommend these springs with full confidence.....there is a lifetime warranty so you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
144 Posts
H&R Springs is where it's at. :p

I've been running H&R springs for like 2+ years now.

Lowering your car will look better with 19's or 20's though. lol ;P
Agree that the extra bit of drop is definitely better on the H&R.......if you want to drop the 200 plus bucks on a set......or troll the boards waiting for someone to sell theirs then go for those definitely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks about the total drop, but if i wanna go lower i will have to buy coils, but for now this is a start. Your right 20's will look much better, ive been looking to upgrade my rims for a while i just gotta narrow down my choices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts