Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could feel the misfires when stopped at a red light, so I fired up the Torque app. 423 misfires on Cylinder 2 in a 60-mile/1 hour drive (mostly highway/interstate). No codes/CEL.

Swapped the packs around to test #2 and misfires still persist on #2.

HKS plugs are only 2-3 weeks old. Cyl 2 plug looks fine. Swapped 3 and 2 just to be on the safe side.

Cyl 2 still misfires. What is the next move? Anything else to check before I get screwed at a dealership?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
Anything else to check before I get screwed at a dealership?
A compression test would probably be the next easiest step if you have a gauge.

Why would you want to take it to a dealership and get screwed if it's out of warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchase back in November the 2018 Sonata Sport 2.0t to my wife. Misfire occurs about 2 month ago. Dealer replace 1 injector. No more codes but misfire comes and goes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just FYI, I was wrong. I did not read the app correctly. Misfires moved from 2 to 3. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with the plug. Just happened to turn it upside down and the cone/insulator (Not sure what to call this part?) was moving freely/blocked the electrode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.