Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am based in uk with a Trajet.
looking to purchase a cycle carrier for 1 adult and 2 childrens bikes.
anyone with any experience? trying to avoide the need to avoid getting number plate covered up as well.
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I have an official Hyundai cycle carrier for our Trajet which I bought off ebay about 3 years ago. Only paid £20 and it was brand new. the part number is E8230-3A000.

It came with fittings for two bikes, but you can get an additional fitting for a third bike. We have driven round France with three adult size bikes hanging off the back of the car.

The carrier actually fits securely locked to the tailgate, clipping over the top and bottem of the door. This means, if you need to, you can open the tailgate with the bikes still on the carrier - just watch your fingers as you close it again ! The rack part where the bikes sit is high up on the tailgate so doesn't obscure the number plates. Don't try and use the rear wiper with the carrier in situ though as it will jam against the carrier or bikes.

Because of the way the carrier fixes to the car, it means it can not be easily removed without the correct tools. Using a long cable and strong D cycle lock, we have been happy to secure the bikes to the carrier when the car has been parked up overnight happy in the knowledge they will still be there in the morning.

If you can find the genuine Hyundai carrier, I recommend it rather than buying a generic one from Halfords.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts