Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Sonata 2.0 Sport. About 40K miles. I am not a mechanic, probably the farthest thing from it. My check engine light came on a couple of months ago and I pulled the code. It said camshaft timing sensor. I took it to the dealer and they said the CVVT module needed to be replaced. They did the work under warranty.

My question is this: My gas mileage has gone down significantly. Probably 20% or so. I track it at every fill up and it is staying down. Should I be calling the dealership that did the work and get them to take a look?

If so, what are other things they should be looking at that could be causing this?

TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it back in and they reset the adaptive values for the engine and transmission. They also gave me a copy of TS Bulletin 12-EM-002, Fuel consumption evaluation procedure.

I guess I get to track my gas mileage for a city/freeway circuit and see what I get.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2015 Sonata 2.0 Sport. About 40K miles. I am not a mechanic, probably the farthest thing from it.

My check engine light came on a couple of months ago and I pulled the code. It said camshaft timing sensor.

I took it to the dealer and they said the CVVT module needed to be replaced.

They did the work under warranty.

TIA
What was the DTC in the proper "Pxxxx" format ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts