Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of weeks my 97 Tibby has been making a noise when i turn both left and right but it isnt a clicking or popping noise it is more of a grinding type noise it only makes it when turning not when accelerating in a straight line. Upon inspecting the CV boots both sides are torn. Someone told me about a "quick boot repair" kit that might fix it. How much do the cv joints themselves cost?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Well. you can re-boot the axles yourself if you good at working on car.. Need to buy both the inner and out boot kits (Hyundai does not sell complete kit like Toyota).. buy 2 inner boot kits, and buy 2 outer boot kits.. all assembly is done from the ineer end of axle.

Don't want to deal with it, buy 2 aftermarket axles at parts store.

Grinding, look for rusted brake stuff...

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, you're better off buying some re-manufactured axles rather than trying to reboot the existing ones. Sounds like your original boots were toast for a long time, therefore assume the cv joints are shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know a whole lot about cv joints but what im gathering from your replys is that i need to buy 2 axles,1 for each side im guessing. This is instead of repairing the cv joints? And are these available at auto-zone etc?
Thanks...............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts