Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 PB 1.4 petrol G4FA
It ticks over at about 650rpm and has cut out twice at the lights.
Which sensor should I be looking to replace and where is it located?

thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All for the information.

The car's getting serviced soon so will replace all the filters inc cabin. Can look at the throttle while under the hood.

A new set of spark plugs were fitted a few months back when it wouldn't start after standing for a few days. I put the new plugs in yet still didn't start. Plugged in the code reader and although no faults, I did an erase and the engine then spluttered into life.

We've owned the car since new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have changed the oil and all filters today along with fitting a new cam sensor. Idle is now and about 200rpm higher than normal when cold but the engine still cuts on when warmed up. With a bit of throttle, the engine seems to run fine.

Will look at the throttle valve tomorrow.

Should a stretched timing chain be the culprit, can it be changed with the engine in situ on a 2009 G4FA?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the car driven to a local garage and his computer reported crank position error.

Drove home (1.2 mile) but just as I was getting on the driveway, it started to rattle like **** then wouldn't start any more but would crank. I've taken the rocker cover off and the chain is still on the sprockets. With the o/s wheel up, in 1st gear and plugs out, the engine seems to be locking unless I rotate it backwards a bit first but backwards, the chain jumps on the rear sprocket.

I suppose there will be valve damage now so its a head job too as well as timing chain. Being a 2009, may decide to scrap the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts