Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS, and I love the thing. The only thing is I want to make it faster. Can someone give me tips on how to do that. Besides get and exhaust, intake, catalytic converter upgrade ect. Anything that isn't commonly known?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi!......welcome to the Forums.

Once you have improved the engine`s breathing by modifying the intake & exhaust systems as you outlined, you really need to go into the realms of rather more `hard-core` tuning, in order to see gains similar to your first efforts.

Assuming you are intending to stay naturally-aspirated, most people would suggest head & intake manifold porting & polishing; possibly with a matched big bore throttle body. More aggressive cams with enhanced durations are popular, as is the fitting of bigger injectors & a SAFC etc..

Basically the sky`s the limit if you can afford it........& that`s without even mentioning the alternative route of forced induction!.
There really are no simple tricks which will give you large gains on our cars......just several small improvements as you go along. You will pick these up as you participate in the Forums!.

Happy tuning!
Nick. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the forum and just recently bought a 2004 Elantra GLS. How much is improving the engine going to cost? And I was wondering where I can find a spoiler that fits my car?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi,

You might also want to consider a modifed chip such as a Powerchip or Unichip.

They are good for up to 13kw improvement on a standard Lantra 1.8 mill so would perhaps have even better benefits when tied in with intake and exhaust mods.

I would also suggest improving the braking and handling before going the rat on the engine.

Better to steer and stop rather than using the scenery for those activites, particularly with increased power.

Cheers,

Andrew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts