Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a question. I was planning on just removing my airbox and popping a cone on the stock induction tube, but I found this big **** stuck on the back of my airbox. It said "Tyco" on it, which if I remember correctly, made all of the very cheap r/c cars I has as a kid. Question is: What is that thing, and is it easily relocatable?

I want you guys to know, I'm not an idiot who's completely ignorant about cars and has no business popping his own hood, and before you get mean & nasty, keep in mind I only had about 3 minutes to root about under the hood before I had to go and run errands (from the time I closed the hood until about 2 o'clock this morning.

If I get a chance between all the fireworks, and drinking, and grilling out today (Happy Independence Day, by the way, whether you're American or not, I'll still say it, just to be friendly!) to look under there again, I'll post an update. I may look again and see what it is, and that it's not actually attached to the box for all I know, but if anybody knows & sees this before I post again, just say so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
cbk41,
Thanks for being nice. Like I said, I had a very limited amount of time to check the situation. Sounds like we've got the same setup. I'll remove the airbox & see how easy it'll be to pop some L-brackets in there. If that'll be a pain, screw it, I'm not a kid anymore, I prefer go to show these days, I'll zip tie the little bugger to something if I have to. I just want some more air in there. I've got enough show car trophies from back-in the day to keep me happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.