Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Where did you tap into the factory sub at? Under the passenger seat? Do you have any pix of the harness you tapped into?
I tapped into the factory sub located in the drivers side rear quarter panel.

Its the plug in which the actual sub connects to the box.

Frank

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its nice but JL AUDIO makes a nice hideaway for the Subwoofer.

Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Hyundai - Santa Fe

MSRP is over $700 but you can find it for like $450-600.
The things I dont like about the JL one is:

-its visible (people can see you have a system)
-its only a 10" (my setup is a 15" woofer)
-it takes up usable space (a little subjective, but mine takes up my unusable space)

Each person has their own taste in sub sizes and sounds, I would have done a 18" if kicker still made them, however i am completely happy with the 15" polk.

Frank

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, its DVC, so I took out the factory sub, saw which wires were positive, and tapped into those wires by removing the insulation from the wires, and wrapped and soldered speaker wire to them. I then ran those speaker wires "high level" to my amp or a high level converter if your amp doesnt have it.

Frank

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey frank, I know this is an older thread and I'm sure you have been asked many times but could you please let me know which color wire you tapped into. I know there must be two positive and two negative wires for the dvc. I'm looking to tap into the wires directly from the amp under the front passenger seat.
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frank, if you didn't replace the head unit, how do you get the sub to work it's full potential. Is it plenty loud? Does it pound at high volume? Doesn't cut out? I have a Kenwood 12" that I want to transfer from my entourage to A santa fe xl, and it's got the Alpine amp attached to the box. Problem is I have a pioneer HU that had separate controls for the sub. I really don't want to swap out the factory HU if I don't have to.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts