Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to Lowes at 7:00am, sadly they didn't open till 8, those ****! Well eight o' clock came, and I grabbed some mesh stuff, I don't think it's galvanized. Idk, who cares anyway, looks good. I just am gonna add weatherstripping around the outside of the bottom, make it look clean, no bolts.

Enjoy.
NOTE: it's not finished just yet.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have used that stuff before. I suggest you give it a good coat of silver paint and clearcoat for durability.

If not, in a few months it will start to look dull, 1 winter and it will start to show rust.

On a side note, I wish the oem 3 dr honeycomb grill pattern was continued down in the lower front fascia.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I've never seen the appeal for this kind of grille. It doesn't really do anything to improve the car's looks, IMO.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Jul 11 2010, 11:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340746
I've never seen the appeal for this kind of grille. It doesn't really do anything to improve the car's looks, IMO.
I think it COULD look good, but an obstacle with our car is the semicircle cutout in the hood for the Hyundai emblem. It looks weird having a cutout for no reason now :unsure:

·
Registered
318 Posts
hmmm...i did this back about a year and a half ago...imo it would look better in front of little lip that the original grill screwed into. the hardest part is getting it fit right and not look like it was just stuffed inside the space. Work on getting the lines of honeycomb to line up a bit better and you'll be even happier with the results.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Evan @ Jul 12 2010, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340947
hmmm...i did this back about a year and a half ago...imo it would look better in front of little lip that the original grill screwed into. the hardest part is getting it fit right and not look like it was just stuffed inside the space. Work on getting the lines of honeycomb to line up a bit better and you'll be even happier with the results.
I'm using the bottom trim of the old grill that im cutting up, repainting, and putting in the front.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not that it matters any more since he's selling his car, but yes I agree. Looks like crap and would have still looked bad even if you had figured something out to line it. It's the little round opening on the hood that makes it looks extra silly.

·
1,565 Posts
With so many better options out there, I don't know why people insist on using this gutter-guard? stuff. I've never seen it look good as a grille. JMTC, tho.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think you should have put the mesh in front of the bolts, instead of behind it. I think it'll look sweet if you just replaced the honey comb plastic with it and put the stock white plastic stuff with the hyundai emblem over it. Just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts