Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks good, sounds bad. I'm with bobad. sounds too high pitched. And with exhaust on 4 cylinders. It always sounds like you're racing no matter how slow you're going.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In my opinion this sounds really good. You have to remember that sound quality was somehow destroyed, but it has that nice deep rrrroooooam sound. I love it!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The video is a good, but not great representation of the sound. It could be because it's a laptop mic, but it does sound a little more high pitched than the live sound. I'm guessing that it might help for video chat...?

Anyhow, I can see how it would not be for everyone. All and all I love the look and like the deep tone, especially on start-up. It will never sound like a V8, V10, etc; but I definitely wouldn't use the "R-word" to describe it. If I picked up any power in the mean time, cool. If not... meh.

Haven't had anyone try to race me from hearing my upgrade (I'm not into street racing anyway). However I do get more people asking what kind of car that is, etc more often. They sound more surprised than before when I tell them it's a Hyundai.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Apr 25 2010, 11:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316642
The video is a good, but not great representation of the sound. It could be because it's a laptop mic, but it does sound a little more high pitched than the live sound. I'm guessing that it might help for video chat...?

Anyhow, I can see how it would not be for everyone. All and all I love the look and like the deep tone, especially on start-up. It will never sound like a V8, V10, etc; but I definitely wouldn't use the "R-word" to describe it. If I picked up any power in the mean time, cool. If not... meh.

Haven't had anyone try to race me from hearing my upgrade (I'm not into street racing anyway). However I do get more people asking what kind of car that is, etc more often. They sound more surprised than before when I tell them it's a Hyundai.

Sounds decent but not great. It wasn't what I expected but it's worth it for the looks. :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks good but I have to say,the sound is a bit iffy. However, I'm holding my judgment until I hear a better sound clip. Need to hear a drive off. drive by, and inside the car to be sure. I personally feel the Sontata's engine note to be one it's weakest points and certainly agree it could use some improvement however, from the sound of that clip it reminded me of a kid cupping his hand over his mouth and making "raspberry" sounds. Send us another clip.

Thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts