Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
error.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sweet... that's an SE, right?
(I wonder if I could do that on a limited)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks very nice, not over done. But the shop lied to you. A 10% increase!!! that would be 20 HP, the dual exhaust on the SE only adds 2 HP. I know they're different, but no way it added 20

Either way, it looks good, can't wait to hear it

·
Registered
133 Posts
20hp increase just for exhaust? Only way that is happening is on the 2.0t with a tune. Maybe 2-5, if that, on an SE. If the hyundai OEM exhaust was well designed, you might not gain anything but different sound.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (mostholycerebus @ Apr 23 2010, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316212
20hp increase just for exhaust? Only way that is happening is on the 2.0t with a tune. Maybe 2-5, if that, on an SE. If the hyundai OEM exhaust was well designed, you might not gain anything but different sound.
Gotta agree with this - on my LS1 Fbodies that I owned Catbacks only gained about 7-8RWHP so about 10HP at the engine. That was an engine that made 300hp at the wheels.

They sold you a bridge in the desert by saying 10%. :) I know you didn't really do it for performance reasons though - I'm guessing at least.

Still interested in what it sounds like though - no rush though!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you take pics from underneath? How much modification did you do? Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (jfulcher @ Apr 23 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316215
Gotta agree with this - on my LS1 Fbodies that I owned Catbacks only gained about 7-8RWHP so about 10HP at the engine. That was an engine that made 300hp at the wheels.

They sold you a bridge in the desert by saying 10%. :) I know you didn't really do it for performance reasons though - I'm guessing at least.

Still interested in what it sounds like though - no rush though!
You're right, I didn't do it for performance reasons. I actually didn't ask about any added performance until after the job was done. I do agree, 10% could be an exaggerated figure. I do not feel I was mislead in any way since power gains weren't a priority for me. Magnaflow's site does happen to mention that figure (even if it is exaggerated)...

As I said in my first post, I am uncertain of any gains. It does however "feel" a bit better (subjective butt dyno). I will try to get sound up later tonight, but I probably can't get any rolling video till tomorrow at the earliest. Should be able to rev the engine in park some tonight though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ayces, it looks good and sounds good. I know for a fact you aren't going to gain 10% but like you said you weren't doing it for performance reasons, the the look is way better and the sound is so much better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, depending on the design, you could still gain maybe 5hp, and you should be able to feel that a little. Up to about 225hp every bit is noticable. On my old car the exhaust design was so bad, it had a crimp at the downpipe that throttled exhaust gases, then did four 90-degree bends, all of which seriously impeded the exhaust flow. Owners saw serious gains when that was upgraded, serious being 5-7hp on n/a and about 20+hp on the supercharged versions (when tuned to take advantage).

·
Registered
255 Posts
That quad exhaust looks wicked! You're making me debate whether I should I get it done to mine. Post a sound clip quick!! I wanna hear the difference.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Looks great!

I haven't heard many V6 engines that sound good, and not a single 4cyl I can remember. The pitch is just too high
on a 4cyl, reminding me of the "R Word". But it's worth it just for the looks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bad sound quality, but here is a video of the car in park. Will get moving video later.

Cheers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts