Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was not completely happy with the look of my headlights, so I had them customised to how I wanted them.

Work done :

HID Upgrade
LED Halo Ring
LED flexible tube (Replace original "eyebrow" as not bright)
LED Sequential Turn Signal
Chrome deletion
Light Black Headlight Tint

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your pictures are all upside down ! ...lol. so did you install the covers on the top of the headlights to get that look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your pictures are all upside down ! ...lol. so did you install the covers on the top of the headlights to get that look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Whoops ... hopefully these are the right way up !

There are no covers on the lights. The original glass piece that acts as the "eyebrow" has just been painted black. I do have an issue with a small amount of light coming through a crack between the 2 pieces, however I am getting a decal to cover it.

Last pic shows the light coming through. Not too noticeable, but I know it's there.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you manage to take the headlight apart?

Keep truckin'
I had the headlights made by a professional and not too sure how he took them apart. I just explained what I wanted and made amendments based on what he was able to do once he opened the lights.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice design. He took it apart using a heat gun most likely. That's how I did mine on my old Catera. The glue heats up and you can just pull the housing apart from the lens. Then do your thing and reseal it properly

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice design. He took it apart using a heat gun most likely. That's how I did mine on my old Catera. The glue heats up and you can just pull the housing apart from the lens. Then do your thing and reseal it properly
I watched a few YouTube vids and considered attempting it myself, but would most likely screw it up and have to buy new headlights.

I want my tail lights done, but this guy is not comfortable doing tail lights. I found another person to do it, but they are 2000kms (1200 miles) away from me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wouldn't have dared done it on a new car. I was willing to have the lights ruined if something went arry because new ones were cheap to replace. It's tedious and you have to be very careful. I wouldn't do it again but strange he won't do taillights since the headlights are the more sensitive of the bunch

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't have dared done it on a new car. I was willing to have the lights ruined if something went arry because new ones were cheap to replace. It's tedious and you have to be very careful. I wouldn't do it again but strange he won't do taillights since the headlights are the more sensitive of the bunch
I thought it was weird too, but noticed on his website that he mainly did headlights. Not too fussed though. Just means I get to go on a road trip

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks really nice, I love the halo + eyebrow LED look.

On a side note, I wish I had gotten the Limited Tucson sometimes...although me and my girl hate leather with a passion but the LED tailights + HID setup on those are nice!

Reactions: INASTY

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks really nice, I love the halo + eyebrow LED look.

On a side note, I wish I had gotten the Limited Tucson sometimes...although me and my girl hate leather with a passion but the LED tailights + HID setup on those are nice!
I'm the same sometimes. Here in Aus, the top of the line model is called the "Highlander". There were a few standard accessories on this model I wanted, but could not justify the additional $20k. I just bought the Active X (2nd model in the 4 model line up) and will just pay to add the extras I really want.

I've been pricing them up and have a schedule on when I want them installed too! Only an extra $8k all up and mine won't be like any other Tucson out there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you mind where you purchased these? I would like to add this to my car.
And anyone can tell me how much a tech would usually charge to get this done for me?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you mind where you purchased these? I would like to add this to my car.
And anyone can tell me how much a tech would usually charge to get this done for me?
These cost me $2k. They were made to my specification so weren't sold as a pre-made set. I had them made by a guy in Brisbane, Australia. Not sure if it would be easier if you were able to find someone closer to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts