Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was not completely happy with the look of my headlights, so I had them customised to how I wanted them.

Work done :

HID Upgrade
LED Halo Ring
LED flexible tube (Replace original "eyebrow" as not bright)
LED Sequential Turn Signal
Chrome deletion
Light Black Headlight Tint

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your pictures are all upside down ! ...lol. so did you install the covers on the top of the headlights to get that look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Whoops ... hopefully these are the right way up !

There are no covers on the lights. The original glass piece that acts as the "eyebrow" has just been painted black. I do have an issue with a small amount of light coming through a crack between the 2 pieces, however I am getting a decal to cover it.

Last pic shows the light coming through. Not too noticeable, but I know it's there.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice design. He took it apart using a heat gun most likely. That's how I did mine on my old Catera. The glue heats up and you can just pull the housing apart from the lens. Then do your thing and reseal it properly

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice design. He took it apart using a heat gun most likely. That's how I did mine on my old Catera. The glue heats up and you can just pull the housing apart from the lens. Then do your thing and reseal it properly
I watched a few YouTube vids and considered attempting it myself, but would most likely screw it up and have to buy new headlights.

I want my tail lights done, but this guy is not comfortable doing tail lights. I found another person to do it, but they are 2000kms (1200 miles) away from me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wouldn't have dared done it on a new car. I was willing to have the lights ruined if something went arry because new ones were cheap to replace. It's tedious and you have to be very careful. I wouldn't do it again but strange he won't do taillights since the headlights are the more sensitive of the bunch

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't have dared done it on a new car. I was willing to have the lights ruined if something went arry because new ones were cheap to replace. It's tedious and you have to be very careful. I wouldn't do it again but strange he won't do taillights since the headlights are the more sensitive of the bunch
I thought it was weird too, but noticed on his website that he mainly did headlights. Not too fussed though. Just means I get to go on a road trip

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks really nice, I love the halo + eyebrow LED look.

On a side note, I wish I had gotten the Limited Tucson sometimes...although me and my girl hate leather with a passion but the LED tailights + HID setup on those are nice!

Reactions: INASTY

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks really nice, I love the halo + eyebrow LED look.

On a side note, I wish I had gotten the Limited Tucson sometimes...although me and my girl hate leather with a passion but the LED tailights + HID setup on those are nice!
I'm the same sometimes. Here in Aus, the top of the line model is called the "Highlander". There were a few standard accessories on this model I wanted, but could not justify the additional $20k. I just bought the Active X (2nd model in the 4 model line up) and will just pay to add the extras I really want.

I've been pricing them up and have a schedule on when I want them installed too! Only an extra $8k all up and mine won't be like any other Tucson out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you mind where you purchased these? I would like to add this to my car.
And anyone can tell me how much a tech would usually charge to get this done for me?
These cost me $2k. They were made to my specification so weren't sold as a pre-made set. I had them made by a guy in Brisbane, Australia. Not sure if it would be easier if you were able to find someone closer to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
These cost me $2k. They were made to my specification so weren't sold as a pre-made set. I had them made by a guy in Brisbane, Australia. Not sure if it would be easier if you were able to find someone closer to you.
Hi Inasty been seeing ur previous post and loved the car, if i may ask more about ur headlights. Such as what size MM are the halos as well as links or maybe exact names of where you bought the- eyebrow, HID kit, and i halo

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was not completely happy with the look of my headlights, so I had them customised to how I wanted them.

Work done :

HID Upgrade
LED Halo Ring
LED flexible tube (Replace original "eyebrow" as not bright)
LED Sequential Turn Signal
Chrome deletion
Light Black Headlight Tint

Hi Inasty been seeing ur previous post and loved the car, if i may ask more about ur headlights. Such as what size MM are the halos as well as links or maybe exact names of where you bought the- eyebrow, HID kit, and i halo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not too sure on the dimensions or specs cause I had them made for me at a local shop here in Brisbane Australia

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.