Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Kinda sad to see a similar setup as mine, although I figured it would only be a matter of time. I love my staggered quad tips. Completely changes the look of my car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (DragoGolf @ Jun 18 2010, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334334
also another question, is the factory warranty affected if we switch out the mufflers? Thanks
It should ONLY affect the warranty of the exhaust/mufflers, nothing else. Any dealership that tries to say otherwise is full of crap if they can actually pin something faulted by a new setup.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jun 15 2010, 10:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333341
Is that the same flow as the SE? (a single pipe the split into two almost at the back of the car?)
I am on the lookout for a wrecked SE so I can purchase the rear bumper and the duals.It would be nice to pick up the sway bars also. I think the 4 chrome tips on a 4 cylinder is to Fast and Furious for me. The factory exhaust on a non SE is very restrictive. With the back seat down do a WOT run and you can hear the back pressure trying to exit the tip. I bet the duals would also help MPG's. I prolly will have my exhaust man fab a system because I dont like the 90 degree the exhaust has to navigate where it splits from the main pipe. This is the only system I know of that has such an inefficient design .

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ Jun 19 2010, 09:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334398
I am on the lookout for a wrecked SE so I can purchase the rear bumper and the duals.It would be nice to pick up the sway bars also. I think the 4 chrome tips on a 4 cylinder is to Fast and Furious for me. The factory exhaust on a non SE is very restrictive. With the back seat down do a WOT run and you can hear the back pressure trying to exit the tip. I bet the duals would also help MPG's. I prolly will have my exhaust man fab a system because I dont like the 90 degree the exhaust has to navigate where it splits from the main pipe. This is the only system I know of that has such an inefficient design .

Absolutely - the T junction goes against any logic of smooth airflow. At least they should have put a Y or even better split it closer to the engine

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jun 19 2010, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334426
Absolutely - the T junction goes against any logic of smooth airflow. At least they should have put a Y or even better split it closer to the engine
I am going to have a diffuser fabricated to blend the exhaust twords both mufflers instead of it hitting a brick wall like the factory system... Has anyone other than me noticed how restricted the OEM system sounds when under wide open throttle at higher RPM's with the back seat down. Sounds very restricted or a swoshing sound. Not good for MPG's or performance. I bet a well designed exhaust could yeild 4-5 mpg on the highway when used in conjunction with a CAI>

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yeah. I feel there was a lot to improve on over the stock system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jun 19 2010, 09:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334426
While I'm no expert, I've noticed throughout the years that manufacturers know the deficiencies exist(such as this "T"), but leave them in place so as the model goes on in age, they can remove said deficiencies and use the increased HP gain as a good marketing tool. Just my two cents.... Later!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (rick.kristin @ Jun 22 2010, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335382
While I'm no expert, I've noticed throughout the years that manufacturers know the deficiencies exist(such as this "T"), but leave them in place so as the model goes on in age, they can remove said deficiencies and use the increased HP gain as a good marketing tool. Just my two cents.... Later!!
You are probably correct - it is just too obvious.

·
Registered
268 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts