Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI:

Anyone tried to put a CURT Trailer Hitch #11213 on their accent. I have a 2012 gls accent, Looking at putting a cargo carry on it. Not much in the manual on how much weight I can hold, likely no more than 1 to 2 hundred pounds.

·
Registered
940 Posts
This topic comes up occasionally. Most recently here. Searching for "Curt" or "Hidden Hitch" will find a few things.

As mentioned in the linked post: I chose Hidden Hitch because the Curt requires a support strap when using a cargo carrier or bike rack. This may be nothing more than Curt being extra cautious. (Perhaps it would be a good idea to use such a strap with any Class I hitch.).

But, when you compare the design of the two hitches, the Curt's mounting bracket on the passenger side looks like it runs left-right. The Hidden Hitch's brackets both run front-back. IMO, this looks like the Curt would have more tendency to "rock." I think that may be why Curt requires a strap to help hold a vertical load.

I've read that the Curt may be less visible than the Hidden. If someone's extra-concerned with the appearance of their car, that might be an important factor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts