Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2018 Santa Fe for a couple months now. When I look at the map version # I get NAM.09.47.44.543.001.1
My dealer says I have the most current maps but I believe he is wrong. I have a '15 KIA Sorento with maps I installed in the fall of 17. I also have a '15 Genesis with maps installed in the first part of 18. Both vehicles report the speed limit on Montana Interstates as 80 MPH. Santa Fe still says 75 MPH so that leads me to believe there is a newer version available.
Can anyone tell me what the latest version is?
Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not near my 16 now to find the version, but I'm pretty sure there are options to set the speed for different types of roads in the navigation settings. I don't think the maps include speed limit data, but I could be wrong. On my 16 it's wrong all the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go out to the mapnsoft website and see what the latest version is, and then compare. I would think that both Hyundai and Kia use the same mapping software. If there is a later version than the one you have, I would go back to the dealer and have them give you the update for free. They might squabble a bit, but that's the least they could do, if they wanted to keep a customer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I updated the navigation software on my 2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate in March of this year. As I recall, I did this in response to a marketing flyer that Mapnsoft sent indicating that a new version was available.

The part number on my update is 121S4A6, Version 12. The manual that came with the SD card indicates that this update applies to 2017-2018 Santa Fe models.

The map version that appears on the navigation screen now (after the update) is NAM.11.41.51.601.001.2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

I updated the navigation software on my 2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate in March of this year. As I recall, I did this in response to a marketing flyer that Mapnsoft sent indicating that a new version was available.

The part number on my update is 121S4A6, Version 12. The manual that came with the SD card indicates that this update applies to 2017-2018 Santa Fe models.

The map version that appears on the navigation screen now (after the update) is NAM.11.41.51.601.001.2.
I will call the dealer and see if they have that version. The problem, if you can call it that, is the '18 models come with 3 yr. free map updates and MapNSoft won't sell a map for the '18 models. Hyundai keeps telling me that I need to have my dealer do this and the last response I had from them is to find another dealer if I'm dis-satisfied with how the selling dealer is handling this.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The "free map gimmic", if you read the requirements, you have to have that car fully serviced by that dealer. So oil changes and that 15K, 30K, 45K etc, "check" that cost more then a hundred each time is what you PAY for a free map update. Last time I checked, I would pay $1000 in just checks to 60K

Let's put that "Free" to bed !

Are you sure you have the MAP date, and not the software date.

NA.11.47.44.462 (V12.5) and that is the 2017 version

There are a number of software items listed.
Setup button - System info. They can't have that old of a map in a 2018.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I just checked my 2016 Sonata Hybrid. I did buy an update Aug. 2017 and I am at NAM 10.47.43

So how you have NAM 09. ?

Was this a NEW car, or used one. Maybe the GPS was replaced, and has some 3 year old software on it ?

Mapnsoft is saying NA.11.47.44.462 (V12.5) even though the display says NAM XXX It seem all the cars update to 11.47. They just may have different part numbers.

Trying to get a dealer to fix that will be fun. I did get two free maps with our 2014 SFS. I called Hyundai and said "my NEW car came with OLD maps". They told me to buy the maps and send the paid bill to them at the address they provided. A few weeks later I got my money back ! !

The dealer knew full well that they are 3 year old maps... something got messed up. I'm not sure how much of that "service" has to be done to get the free map. But I bet it has nothing to do with the dealer and you have to deal with Hyundia. Mapnsoft is separate from Hyundai, hence why I had to BUY the two new maps to get my money back.
If the dealer is saying a NA 09 is new... they aren't looking to make you happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked my 2016 Sonata Hybrid. I did buy an update Aug. 2017 and I am at NAM 10.47.43

So how you have NAM 09. ?

Was this a NEW car, or used one. Maybe the GPS was replaced, and has some 3 year old software on it ?

Mapnsoft is saying NA.11.47.44.462 (V12.5) even though the display says NAM XXX It seem all the cars update to 11.47. They just may have different part numbers.

Trying to get a dealer to fix that will be fun. I did get two free maps with our 2014 SFS. I called Hyundai and said "my NEW car came with OLD maps". They told me to buy the maps and send the paid bill to them at the address they provided. A few weeks later I got my money back ! !

The dealer knew full well that they are 3 year old maps... something got messed up. I'm not sure how much of that "service" has to be done to get the free map. But I bet it has nothing to do with the dealer and you have to deal with Hyundia. Mapnsoft is separate from Hyundai, hence why I had to BUY the two new maps to get my money back.
If the dealer is saying a NA 09 is new... they aren't looking to make you happy.
Here's the snapshot of the GPS info screen.
I guess I will check with another dealer for the update and also another dealer when I next trade.
Thanks all for your posts on this topic. Much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
The map version on your display, NAM.09.47.44.543.001.1, has been updated twice. The version you have is designated as 10.5. There are later versions designated 11.5 and 12. Version 12 is the one I updated to in March, 2018 (as I mentioned in a previous post).

Mapnsoft has a version matrix that can be accessed using the following log-in: https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/sdmatrix. This lists the map versions that are available for all Hyundai models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much for the link to the version matrix.
This whole exercise in dealing with Hyundai's new map policy is an exercise in beating my head against the wall. No one at Hyundai, that I've been in contact with seems to have the slightest idea of what is going on. I just finished talking with a supervisor who has forwarded my problem to the research and resolution team and they're supposed to get back to me by Monday at the latest. We'll see, I guess.
So far, here is what I've been told by different representatives of Hyundai: Map updates will automatically be downloaded via OnStar. I need to take my vehicle in to have the dealer install updates. Hyundai customer service told me that if my current dealer doesn't have new updates, I need to look for another dealer. Dealer said they would send me a card with the updates for me to install. Customer service told me that MapNSoft handles all updates and Hyundai has no program for free updates to 2018 vehicles. BlueLink automatically downloads map updates to the vehicle. I need to turn off the vehicle, remove the SDcard, re-install the same card and the updates that have come automatically will then be installed.
So far, the story about OnStar doing this for me is my favorite but you never know, there might be a better story out there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
OnStar.. wrong car company. Blue link only talks to the ECU, not the map. Well you can (pay) to have something you found on your smartphone to send it to your car GPS. And you can pay ($90) a year to have Google on your dashboard. Maps are not automatically updated by ANY US car company. They all charge $$$ for updates, and depending on the car make.. depends on the $$$ to get updates.

Now you know why WAZE is so popular. Keep an older GPS map but use WAZE for traffic and current restaurants and such. Even a current car GPS map is some 2 years old with business locations. I once went to a big name breakfast place from the GPS, there was tall grass growing in the parking lot. Had to be closed for some 2 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts