Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone other than me in my family scrapped the passenger front rim of my new 2014 GLS along a curb . It's scrapped up on about 1/2 of the alloy rim( 16 inch) . Anyway to repair ? Or will I be buying a new rim ?thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
It depends on how deep the scratch it. If it is light you may be able to buff it out but if it's deep you'll have to take it to get repaired.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There are mobile shops that will come to you and fix the curb rash. I had a company come to my house and 60 bucks and an hour later it was good as new.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like the way he started it with " someone other than me". Honestly, we don't care who did it. I googled " custom wheel repair fl" and got a nice list.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Someone other than me in my family scrapped the passenger front rim of my new 2014 GLS along a curb . It's scrapped up on about 1/2 of the alloy rim( 16 inch) . Anyway to repair ? Or will I be buying a new rim ?thanks
Someone other than the other person in the household did mine! But mine was only about two inches and I touched it up.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Seconding the mobile services. I would check to see what your dealer or a dealer in the area uses. Believe it or not, many of the cars on dealer lots have had wheel repairs done to them (not for rashing but scratches from transport or test drives).

I caught a guy a my dealer and he wanted around $110 per wheel. Not bad but I want the new-style rims so I will just save my cash. But that's less than most people's insurance deductible.

Or just live with it...thats what I'm doing for now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All 4 of mine are scraped up (thanks to the wife) but the last thing I thought about was replacing then because of this, but mine is already 2 years old. I'd be a little more upset if it were a brand new car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts