Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a curb with 2012 sonata se with the 18" wheels, i scuffed half of the wheel and gouged it pretty good. Dont worry if you hit a curb with these wheels, They can be repaired.. I dropped the wheel off to them and had a quick repair..
I went to Wheel Fix It out in Freeport Long Island NY, $125.00 with one day turn around..
Here is before and after pics.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice after pic. Thanks for the info. I'm sure its just a matter of time until I curb one of mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, that's an amazing job. Thanks for sharing. Somehow I've now done that with two wheels on my Sonata. I've never had a car where I had to be that cautious before. Live and learn (and know that it can be fixed for under $150) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did a great job fixing my wheel, The color match is perfect, They siad they had to grind and tig weld some spots where i took chunks out of the rim..
The tire was remounted on the rim after the repair by them and inflated, all i had to do was to bolt it back on my car..
No problems, perfect balance on the wheel and rim..

·
Registered
570 Posts
I almost never buy the add-ons that the dealer sells when you pick up your car, but he had one that would cover any wheel or tire damage, including scratches like this, PLUS they will replace one smart key per year, even if we just lose it. Hoping that I don't need to use it, but do feel better knowing it's there.

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
I almost never buy the add-ons that the dealer sells when you pick up your car, but he had one that would cover any wheel or tire damage, including scratches like this, PLUS they will replace one smart key per year, even if we just lose it. Hoping that I don't need to use it, but do feel better knowing it's there.
I would hit them up every year for that smart key and stockpile them. Its always nice to have a few extra car keys stashed or left with close friends or family just in case.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would hit them up every year for that smart key and stockpile them. Its always nice to have a few extra car keys stashed or left with close friends or family just in case.
I'm far too honest to be tempted into something that would be so dev............ I'll let you know how this works out! ;)

My wife BEGGED me to put this coverage on, as she is petrified of losing one of these $500 keys! Heck, it could be in her purse, and still come up missing. :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same thing has happened to me a few times. I found a guy up in Orange county that charged me $80 to buff and paint/prime it and the turnaround time was 2 hours. Only problem was I spent like $40 in gas and tolls to get there from the Bronx...

Another guy in the Bronx charges $100. He takes about 4 hours but over its a bit cheaper. I should charge the mother who doesn't hold her kid's hand, allowing her kid to boost in front of me causing me to swerve and thrash my rim...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently hit a curb swell and I have the same make and model of ur car and same its but instead I tore out my control arm, bent my strut tour and jerked my steering rod swell created internal damage in my rim and its not and es\asy fix so yeah I'm doomed.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
So I recently hit a curb swell and I have the same make and model of ur car and same its but instead I tore out my control arm, bent my strut tour and jerked my steering rod swell created internal damage in my rim and its not and es\asy fix so yeah I'm doomed.
Can you go through your insurance company? Looks like heavy $$$$!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts