Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. Does anyone's 2011 have rubber on the inside of the cup holders in the centre console? Mine has just plastic and it is noisy with plastic mugs and scratches like crazy. I am just curious because it seems odd to not have some kind of grippy material for the holder and if I am missing something, I am heading back to the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (grathill @ Jun 5 2010, 10:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330192
Just a quick question. Does anyone's 2011 have rubber on the inside of the cup holders in the centre console? Mine has just plastic and it is noisy with plastic mugs and scratches like crazy. I am just curious because it seems odd to not have some kind of grippy material for the holder and if I am missing something, I am heading back to the dealer.

Thanks!
Mine is the same, so I think they are all that way. Seems like a small oversight to me, because a smaller cup or something just kind of slides around in there.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (grathill @ Jun 5 2010, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330192

Thanks!
Good question. :trophy: They are supposed to come with them or should, but even my 2006 Sonata is missing that Rubber mat,

while others have them? My rear console has a mat? Clearly when I visited the Dealer and saw this rubber pad, I knew I got had.

The Console Drink holder was also recalled for new parts! No mat though. I have a professional Car detailer and he made that Plastic part

shine brighter than I have ever seen, but I thought it is supposed to have a mat. :thumbsup:

Just as a side note, I bought a Turbo Subaru 04 Forrester which had all sorts of storage areas & cubby holes,

including one in the top of the Dash for CD's and stuff. Everything rattled & vibrated. Like no thought was given. Also unlike

the Hyundai Coin Holder with foam, In the Subaru you could hear every Coin, no matter the denomination! :w00t:

Here is a great thread on this mat subject with the 2006 - 2010 Sonata!
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...;hl=console+mat

·
Registered
548 Posts
GLS with pop equip package here... mine are rubber. I wonder why yours isn't...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I was really impressed with my 2008's cup holders, so I am surprised the design isn't similar. It's a small thing but we all know how these small things can bug us.

I am surprised that the GLS has rubber holders though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Kind of strange - the other storage spaces do have rubber but the cup holders don't.

Fortunately Starbucks or Tim Hortons cups don't scratch, but I can see it being am issue for non paper / polystyrene cups.

As a temp solution just get a piece of black grip mat at the $-store ad cut that to shape - or use the one the Hyundai will be sending you ;-)

·
Registered
209 Posts
same here, every other storage area has nice thick rubber mat. i hadn't noticed this until the OP brought it up though because the only beverage container i have used is a rubber grip water bottle that makes no noise/scratches.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have removable rubber piece inside my cup holders. I have a GLS.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just want to chime in here as a dealer....

NO SONATAS 2011 ERA are coming with removable rubber cup holder inserts.

So who ever said it above I would love to see pics of a stock removable rubber in your GLS.

·
Banned
630 Posts
my SE cupholders have a rubberized insert but its not removeable

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, the paper cups are ok but the wife drove it a few times last week with her metal bottle and scratched the &*^% out of it. Gonna have to get a rubber pad for it because the scratch marks are really bugging me! Nice and clean everywhere around it, then look in the holder...BLAMMO, all beat up!

Thanks to the dealer for posting that none of his 2011's have come with anything but the plastic. Makes me feel a bit better that I didn't miss out on something. Although those GLS owners....pics?

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (grathill @ Jun 11 2010, 05:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332167
Ya, the paper cups are ok but the wife drove it a few times last week with her metal bottle and scratched the &*^% out of it. Gonna have to get a rubber pad for it because the scratch marks are really bugging me! Nice and clean everywhere around it, then look in the holder...BLAMMO, all beat up!

Thanks to the dealer for posting that none of his 2011's have come with anything but the plastic. Makes me feel a bit better that I didn't miss out on something. Although those GLS owners....pics?

Why not make one yourself--i made one for my 06 out of a mouse pad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts