Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 06 Sonata V6.

3rd drink just went over from the front console today. It is really annoying, because this is an amazing automobile with a minor problem.

Anybody know of a solution to this? Maybe an aftermarket part?

Please send a link.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (dwilliams43 @ Aug 9 2010, 10:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348316
I own a 06 Sonata V6.

3rd drink just went over from the front console today. It is really annoying, because this is an amazing automobile with a minor problem.

Anybody know of a solution to this? Maybe an aftermarket part?

Please send a link.
Is your cup holder missing the flip down divider with rubber flaps to hold smaller cup ??

If I can sneak a pic somewhere tomorrow and post it, I will....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Missing anything ? See picture -

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
So far, only solution is to replace with EOM part(s)...

I was thinking about buying a chunk of foam, cutting to fit and then remove where cups/cans go....kind of a pain to take out and put back in when larger cups won't fit...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Now I know what everyone is talking about when they refer to the old cup holder design. I used to think that the my Sonata had a "clunky" design of the cup holders, it doesn't hold thinner items, like water bottles, vertical very well. Upon comparison, prefer newer design, even with its flaws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for responding to my thread. I bought this used & certified, and it did not have the insert...curious!

Any idea what the part # is, or where to buy?

DW

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a few that I will let go for $25 each including shipping in continental US. Paypal only.

Includes the flip down part with the rubber fingers to hold the cup and the 2 rubber stoppers to keep the door from rattling.

Send me a private message if your interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure if this would be what you're looking for... but go to a boat dealer and get the plastic insert cup holder they sell for boats. You can only put one in, but it holds the drink securely; anything from a can, to a 16oz bottle, to a 32oz drink from Sheetz/7-11/etc.

·
Registered
988 Posts
My flap broke about a year or to ago $50 later for the part and an hour of my time i was good to go. Gotta take out the whole console to replace the cupholder.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The plastic pin on mine broke and the flip down part came out. I took the console out and fixed it. I forget the exact steps but I drilled out the plastic piece where the old pin was. I used a very small screw and mounted that piece back in place. I couldn't see spending $50 to have the same thing happen again so metal replaced plastic on the hinge. While out I also made my own rubber flap/fingers for the passengers side of the cup holder out of PC mouse pad. This provides just enough resistance to keep bottles from tipping. I usually have the 16.9 oz Poland Spring bottles with that funky shape in there. They always used to fall forward. With that extra neoprene they stay solid.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The plastic pin on mine broke and the flip down part came out. I took the console out and fixed it. I forget the exact steps but I drilled out the plastic piece where the old pin was. I used a very small screw and mounted that piece back in place. I couldn't see spending $50 to have the same thing happen again so metal replaced plastic on the hinge. While out I also made my own rubber flap/fingers for the passengers side of the cup holder out of PC mouse pad. This provides just enough resistance to keep bottles from tipping. I usually have the 16.9 oz Poland Spring bottles with that funky shape in there. They always used to fall forward. With that extra neoprene they stay solid.
Can you take a picture of your added inserts? It sounds like something I might be interested in doing as well. Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm also interested in that especially the metal screw part.

Reactions: bobsingh

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow of the added rubber piece. The drilled and replaced screw your outta luck. Only way to get back to that for pictures would be to remove the whole thing again. No plans on doing that (unless that back pin breaks in the future). I had looked at a couple options and that was the easiest fix I came up with while it was out. I really don't care about closing that lid as it pretty much always open with either a water bottle or coffee cup. Our problem is that the whole well is too low to support a cup decently.

Get creative on mounting this on top of opening?
Self Adhesive Black Plastic Cup Bottle Holder for Car | eBay

If I can find this cheaper I might cut one apart still for future.
GM # 19154712 Front Floor Console Cup Holder New Warranty Chevy GMC Genuine OEM | eBay

If your even halfway creative with the mods/maintenance once it's all out you can see pretty easy how it fits together so you can drill through gently to get the factory flap part repaired.

My mouse pad is getting molded down some due to bottles always being in there. It would be great to get some more solid rubber fingers from some broken ones and mount them on the passengers side instead.

I need to replace the ones in my Sequoia and I might ask this guy to cut me a set of these with straight back instead of rounded so I can try them instead of the mouse pad. Toyota Sequoia cup holder INSERTS 1st row NEW PAIR | eBay

·
Registered
1 Posts
cup holder

I have a few that I will let go for $25 each including shipping in continental US. Paypal only.

Includes the flip down part with the rubber fingers to hold the cup and the 2 rubber stoppers to keep the door from rattling.

Send me a private message if your interested.
this is the black plastic part that makes the cup holder larger or smaller can you send me a picture of it

·
Registered
442 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts