Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't noticed it before but applying the brakes after driving thru snow I get an awful crunch sound. I have stopped the car a few times to look and it appears the wheel wells are clogged with slush but I don't know if thats whats causing it. After the crunching sound if i'm driving on a clear road there is no noise if I brake. Its much worse than say the crunch you get if the brakes are wet. Whats up with this?:confused:

·
22,793 Posts
ABS engaging? Wet rotors will have a sound similar to what you're describing. At a car wash, for example. Pull out of the bay, go to stop, hear that annoying sound. It goes away as the pads/rotors dry out? If that's the case, what you're hearing is probably normal. Lightly tapping those brakes will aid in drying the components a little more quickly.

I'll defer to the other members. I may be missing something.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like it is nothing but snow between the pads and rotors.

Try tapping on the brakes a few times before applying it to do a complete stop. THat should clear the brakes up when in snow.

I had this happen to me when I hit the brakes in a puddle of water.

·
22,793 Posts
I had this happen to me when I hit the brakes in a puddle of water.
+1 ESPECIALLY if driving thru a large area of wet puddles or heavy rain and you find yourself having to stop shortly afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts