Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered the rostra cruise control kit for my 08 hatch.

I ordered the rostra kio rio kit from summitracing.com and the clutch kit for 276.93 shipped.
Theres a how-to with pictures posted on the rostra website. They made this install as easy as possible. I will post pictures of my install when I finally receive it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I ordered mine a few days ago as well. Should come in this week. I'm not too concerned about installing it. What's really funny is that I went to some installation place near my work knowing how much the part cost and how easy the instructions were and asked for a quote thinking they'd charge like an hour of labour or something, which I wouldn't mind paying for just for the luxury of dropping it off and going to work. They quoted me 600 bucks, whereas I promptly turned around and walked out. Absolute highway robbery.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I actually called rostra tech suport. I talked to a guy named Thomas and he said its only about 2 hours of work on our cars.
I called to make sure the auto kia rio kit would work on a manual accent.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Jun 13 2010, 12:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332459
I ordered mine a few days ago as well. Should come in this week. I'm not too concerned about installing it. What's really funny is that I went to some installation place near my work knowing how much the part cost and how easy the instructions were and asked for a quote thinking they'd charge like an hour of labour or something, which I wouldn't mind paying for just for the luxury of dropping it off and going to work. They quoted me 600 bucks, whereas I promptly turned around and walked out. Absolute highway robbery.
When they have no idea how to install something or don't feel like doing it they quote a large enough number to turn people away. Maybe that's what they did to you :grin:

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Jun 13 2010, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332525
When they have no idea how to install something or don't feel like doing it they quote a large enough number to turn people away. Maybe that's what they did to you :grin:
Maybe, but that's all this place does - audio installation, cruise control/heated seats, and GPS type stuff. They specialize in it. Honestly, I think they just thought they could gouge me and I'd accept it. I saw the clerk ask the installer, who took stock of me n' the woman (I dress pretty nicely when I'm not at work) and he just tossed him a number thinking I was just another rig pig with too much money. Oh well, his loss.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep, I'm watching this one too!
I'd love to have cruze... although most of my driving is city :grin:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i miss cruise control too. I just switched insurance carries because my wife and I finally have clean driving records. But our new carrier is low risk. If we get 1 speeding ticket they will drop us like a bad habit. I need cruise to keep my fat foot in check.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Rostra Cruise control kit just came in today. It was on back order so it took awhile. If I have time, I am going to install this tomorrow. This does not appear to be a terribly difficult install. The directions that come with it are pretty clear cut. I will put pictures up if I can find my camera

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the rostra cruise control kit installed today. I highly recommend this kit, it is pretty easy to install. I had hard time just because I am too large to work under the driver's side dash of the car. But once I contorted my body correctly, it was pretty straight forward. I will have pictures up tomorrow night.

Only 2 big things to note, the rostra clutch kit requires drilling out the clutch stop bolt hole with a 3/8" drill bit. You may need a dremel/rotary tool or a metal file to smooth down any burrs. And there are several discrepancies with the wiring. A 2007 - 2009 Kia Rio Auto, has very different wiring colors than a Accent 3-door GS 5-speed.

2 wires in the instruction manual were missing on my car altogether.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Post your pictures and wiring discoveries already, my kit arrives tomorrow :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts