Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
313 Posts
QUOTE (BoyRoy @ Apr 22 2010, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315546
Yesterday was the first time I used the cruise on highway for any lenght of time. I noticed could not disengage cruise by just tapping the brake, I would have to push down firm before it would. All cars I have owed in past I could just tap the brake. Cancell button on wheel works fine. Is everybodys cruise working the same way as this one.
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 23 2010, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316195
Getting back to the amount of pressure needed to deactivate the Cruise Control...If it is anything more than a gentle tap needed to turn it off, I would see my Dealer for an adjustment during your first year free adjustment period. This can be very dangerous.
Actually, driving along and tapping the brake is what is really dangerous. The cars behind you will think you are actually braking when you are not. Tapping the brake to cancel the CC is not really what you are supposed to do. The interconnection of the CC and the brake is to cancel the CC when you need to actually need to brake and slow down. The correct procedure for canceling CC is to use the cancel button on the wheel (not tapping the brake).

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 23 2010, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316205
Actually, driving along and tapping the brake is what is really dangerous. The cars behind you will think you are actually braking when you are not. Tapping the brake to cancel the CC is not really what you are supposed to do. The interconnection of the CC and the brake is to cancel the CC when you need to actually need to brake and slow down. The correct procedure for canceling CC is to use the cancel button on the wheel (not tapping the brake).
Exactly!

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 23 2010, 08:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316205
I understand what you are saying, but this thread had split into different facets of Cruise Control. Also keep in mind Hyundai had massive

problems with the Stop Switch, & had switched to a different supplier. Cost Millions. My old stop switch was super sensitive, but clicked back on.

Assuming you don't use Cruise Control on ANY heavily traveled roadway like surface streets & Freeways (which is really dangerous) tapping

on your brake should not cause a problem unless someone is right behind you. I'm glad miek agrees with you & so whole heartedly

too! :banana: Clearly if it is hard to clear (press) the CC off while driving it could cause a problem. Many people have been hurt this way.

There is nothing grossly wrong with a tap on your brake. And if it is hard to press, you know this is not right, no way no how!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 23 2010, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316205
On cars I have owned in the past just tapping the brake would not cause the brake light to come on. I have tested this out on several cars I have owned. Pressing the brake would. on older cars the controls were not on the wheel, but on the dash somewhere making this a safety issue. If I remember (old age) they told people in the car manuals to use a light tap to disengaga cruise.

·
Banned
313 Posts
QUOTE (BoyRoy @ Apr 24 2010, 07:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316257
On cars I have owned in the past just tapping the brake would not cause the brake light to come on. I have tested this out on several cars I have owned. Pressing the brake would. on older cars the controls were not on the wheel, but on the dash somewhere making this a safety issue. If I remember (old age) they told people in the car manuals to use a light tap to disengaga cruise.
QUOTE (skycomag @ Apr 24 2010, 07:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316258
my 06 gls just tap the brake pedal to cancel.iu doubt if the brake lites come 'cus it's so quick to release.
You don't get it. The same switch that lights the brake light is what cancels the cruise control. If you aren't hitting the brake pedal hard enough to make the lights go on, you aren't hitting it hard enough to cancel the CC. It's the same switch. The only way to make the brake cancel CC is if it lights the brake lights.

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 24 2010, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316318
You don't get it. The same switch that lights the brake light is what cancels the cruise control. If you aren't hitting the brake pedal hard enough to make the lights go on, you aren't hitting it hard enough to cancel the CC. It's the same switch. The only way to make the brake cancel CC is if it lights the brake lights.
Exactly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (ula @ Apr 22 2010, 06:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315550
Same here. I'm using cruise very often because i'm traveling a lot on highways. It is different from other cars. You have to really push the break pedal - gentle tap is not enough...hope this helps.
Really? WTF!? On mine all I have to do is just press the brakes and it disengages. I'll pay more attention next time I'm on the highway but I can remember that I didn't have to really push the pedal in to stop it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Apr 24 2010, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316328
Really? WTF!? On mine all I have to do is just press the brakes and it disengages. I'll pay more attention next time I'm on the highway but I can remember that I didn't have to really push the pedal in to stop it.
maybe he's just rubbing his foot over the brake pedal.. proximity brake pedal? :)

·
Banned
313 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 23 2010, 11:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316214
Also keep in mind Hyundai had massive problems with the Stop Switch, & had switched to a different supplier. Cost Millions.

There is nothing grossly wrong with a tap on your brake. And if it is hard to press, you know this is not right, no way no how!
Exactly. The same switch that operates the brake lights operates the CC cancel.

And while I agree there is nothing grossly wrong with a tap on your brake it's not a habit one should start. It's better to get in the habit of hitting the cancel button on the wheel. And I also agree that if it takes a hard press to light the brake lights and cancel CC then there is something wrong with the switch placement. It should be adjusted.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 24 2010, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316332
Exactly. The same switch that operates the brake lights operates the CC cancel.

And while I agree there is nothing grossly wrong with a tap on your brake it's not a habit one should start. It's better to get in the habit of hitting the cancel button on the wheel. And I also agree that if it takes a hard press to light the brake lights and cancel CC then there is something wrong with the switch placement. It should be adjusted.
This here makes more sense. Its safer and smarter to hit the off button to turn off the cruise control. And if it takes more than normal pressure to cancel the cruise control then there's something wrong.

·
Registered
98 Posts
QUOTE (BoyRoy @ Apr 22 2010, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315546
Yesterday was the first time I used the cruise on highway for any lenght of time. I noticed could not disengage cruise by just tapping the brake, I would have to push down firm before it would. All cars I have owed in past I could just tap the brake. Cancell button on wheel works fine. Is everybodys cruise working the same way as this one.

Thanks
Took mine for its first "long" drive yesterday on the highway. Did not have your problem at all. Cruise disengages as soon as I tap the brake pedal.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts