Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
QUOTE (BoyRoy @ Apr 22 2010, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315546
Yesterday was the first time I used the cruise on highway for any lenght of time. I noticed could not disengage cruise by just tapping the brake, I would have to push down firm before it would. All cars I have owed in past I could just tap the brake. Cancell button on wheel works fine. Is everybodys cruise working the same way as this one.

Thanks

I haven't checked for that yet, but another thing i noticed about the cruise control is that it won't apply the brakes on hills. All of my past cars with cruise, if i went down a steep hill, it would apply the breaks to keep me in my target speed range, give or take 4-5 mph. But a week or two ago, i was set at 55mph and i started going down a steep hill and noticed i was gaining speed. I made it all the way to 70mph before i said this is too much and hit the brakes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
QUOTE (sYc @ Apr 22 2010, 01:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315686
I believe you may be mistaken. What past cars with cruise did that? Unless they were high-end luxury cars like BMW's or Mercedes with Adaptave Cruise Control, I don't know of any car that applies the brakes as part of standard cruise control.

Wierd, my scion tC, mercury tracer, my mom's F150, and my wife's Dodge Nitro all applied the brakes down hill
And the wierdest part is that you can actually see the brake pedal move in all of these vehicles. It scared me a couple times when i felt the pedal move

·
Registered
243 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 22 2010, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315758
In all 4 of these Cars you mention above you can see the Pedals move too. :w00t: Wild, simply wild!

Yes, i swear. I'm really blown away that this isn't the way all cars are!! Because all the ones i've payed attention to, did apply brakes. That's why it was such a shock when the Sonata didn't. I almost took it in, i thought something was wrong

Then again all of MY cars in particular have been stick shifts. It can't downshift, so maybe that makes it different?? who knows

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.