Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know if it brakes or downshifts but my civic tries to maintain speed when going downhill.

It doesn't really matter which but it doesn't speed up much at all going downhill and definitely can feel the car trying to slow the momentum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 23 2010, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316195
Getting back to the amount of pressure needed to deactivate the Cruise Control...If it is anything more than a gentle tap needed

to turn it off, I would see my Dealer for an adjustment during your first year free adjustment period. This can be very dangerous. :innocent:
If you're in a dangerous situation, then I'd be willing to bet the brakes are going to get a lot more pressure than a gentle tap. Now if there's a delay from hitting the brakes while in cruise control to the car actually braking then I could see the issue but I'd be highly shocked if that was the case.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Apr 24 2010, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316328
Really? WTF!? On mine all I have to do is just press the brakes and it disengages. I'll pay more attention next time I'm on the highway but I can remember that I didn't have to really push the pedal in to stop it.
maybe he's just rubbing his foot over the brake pedal.. proximity brake pedal? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.