Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Santa Fe will only let me activate "Cruise" if i push "Cancel" followed by "Cruise" rapidly. Within approx. 0,5sec. To do this do i have to hold one finger at the "cancel" and one finger at the "Cruise" in order to be able to activate "cruise" within approx. 0.5 sec.
It started like this a few weeks a go and it works every time. All other buttons on the steering wheel works fine.

I presume that the "cruise" only would work occassionally if the "cruise" button was "broken" I havent measured the resistance over the buttons yet as im fine with it as long as i know how to activate the "Cruise".

Does anyone have some of the same experience?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Manual or automatic?

This sounds like a problem which affected 2010 models in the UK related to clutch switch on manuals and brake switch on both - dealt with under warranty.

It may also relate to the recent widescale recall for brake switch issues

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Automatic.
Is there a site or similar of where to check relevant Hyundai recalls for further infomation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Recalls are done on a national basis so you'd need to contact your local Hyundai dealer, Hyundai Norway Hyundai or the national traffic administration for Norway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, im not sure... The first i would think of is the signals from the Res/inc. button.
I bought a Santa Fe manual from the following site: Hyundai Santa Fe Workshop Manual
There might be good hints in the manual as it contains lot of information.

Start a new thread, there might be others that have been into this before that can be of more help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Sante Fe Diesel Cruise CANCEL button stuck down

Hi All,

I at first had the same issue as the first person posting here, I had to push the CANCEL button for the SET to work. Then I needed to push the CANCEL button for the ON/OFF button to work. My mechanic advised me to squirt a bit of WD-40 in behind the buttons in case they were sticking although I do not recall ever spilling anything on the wheel or controls.

I squirted some WD-40 in behind about 3-4 times until I got a change in what was happening.

Now the ON/OFF and SET buttons work great as does the RESUME button when the CANCEL button is up. The problem now is that the CANCEL button is stuck down!

I got it to temporarily work by getting a fingernail under the sides of the CANCEL button but that was very temporary. I now suspect it is a small spring under the CANCEL button that is not working so the CANCEL button is constantly engaged preventing the other buttons from working.

Does any of this make sense from a technical perspective? What are the next steps to fixing this? Should I assign a mechanic to fix it? What parts/costs are likely to be involved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts