Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my Cruise Control "On" it will light up green on my dashboard, However when I press the "set" button to set the speed nothing happens. It was working fine a few weeks ago.
Could it be a fuse? If so what fuse? Any other ideas on how I can fix this?

2011 Sonata

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,303 Posts
There are certain signals sent to the engine PCM that will prevent the cruise control from setting. Your problem is unlikely to be a blown fuse and more likely to be one of those inputs to the PCM that is preventing it from working. The input from the brake pedal seems to be the most common one to cause problems so the first thing to do is make sure your brake lights are working properly. If that checks out OK have the engine scanned to see if there are any trouble codes logged that might explain why the cruise control isn't working.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
We replacing Cruise switch assembly pretty regular, we keep part on shelf... TIP : lightly press "SET".. dont "spank" the button, that why they stop working..

·
Registered
804 Posts
When I turn my Cruise Control "On" it will light up green on my dashboard, However when I press the "set" button to set the speed nothing happens. It was working fine a few weeks ago.

2011 Sonata
mine has been finicky lately, too. sometimes the button gets stuck but it is hard to see - doesn't take much. i used am alcohol pad and got in between the small cracks between the buttons; just a small bit of dirt can cause them not to engage. maybe that's why they switched to a different design for the LF model...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same issues on my 2011 Sonata GLS w/ 90k miles. The Set button will come on sometimes after repeatedly pushing it and the Cancel button. If it does set, the Cancel button is never working. The On/Off button is the only one that works all the time. It will disengage if I press the brake pedal. So I see the Phillips screw underneath the switch, it was a bitch to unscrew, but finally got it out tonite. I was expecting the switch would easily come out. NOPE, something is still holding it in! I can pry it up just a bit, but can't tell what is still holding it. What's the deal? Anybody know? I am ready to buy a new switch if I can get the **** thing out. About $80 list and I can get it for about $52.
Someone mentioned inputs to the PCM. My SRS red warning light has been on for a few months, I have not taken the time to take it to the dealer, could this be causing the cruise control problem?? I sort of doubt it.
And yes, I did try blowing compressed air into the switch. No help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I looked at a previous PDF attachment and now see you have to take the airbag module AND the steering wheel off to unplug the cruise control switch. Too much for me, hate to see what the dealer will charge!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this issue but i found that if i turn the lights off the cruise works however I've noticed that my brake lights don't work when lights are on. So turning the lights off makes cruise engage but turning them on makes it disengage fine for day time driving but a huge issue for nighttime driving

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,303 Posts
I'm having this issue but i found that if i turn the lights off the cruise works however I've noticed that my brake lights don't work when lights are on. So turning the lights off makes cruise engage but turning them on makes it disengage fine for day time driving but a huge issue for nighttime driving
What I'd suggest in your case is you take a look at the bulbs fitted to the rear lamps on the body of the car. It sounds like you might have a single filament bulb fitted to one of your stop/tail lamps which is shorting the stop lamp and tail lamp circuits.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts

Started happening after I replaced a light bulb at rear of car ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I'd suggest in your case is you take a look at the bulbs fitted to the rear lamps on the body of the car. It sounds like you might have a single filament bulb fitted to one of your stop/tail lamps which is shorting the stop lamp and tail lamp circuits.
Would you have any recommendations on part number and bulb to use to replace stop/tail lamps? I'm actually having the exact same issue with my cruise control and bake lights and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like it's figured out, but I'll throw in another idea. My cancel button is sticky. I can turn on no problems, but set works only 75% of the time. Usually massaging or pressing cancel a few times, then pressing set solves my problems. When it starts being more troublesome I may dig into the whole assembly.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Would you have any recommendations on part number and bulb to use to replace stop/tail lamps? I'm actually having the exact same issue with my cruise control and bake lights and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
YF tail-stop bulb is a common 2057 bulb.. make sure you match the high and low pins to the matching slots in the sockets.. if you have to apply any kind of force, you likely have it in wrong.. also look in the socket along the wall for a thin ground finger,, bow it out into the socket bore a wee bit so it ride the bulb' base for good ground connect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Started out with warning light on dash display for brakes which worked just fine and all seemed well when checked out. Then moved on to cruise not working, on but not being able to set it. Turned out to be the "clockspring" or something like that. Its on the steering column and a whole mess of stuff connects through it. Several hundred dollars to the dealer later, all is well. Except my wallet.

·
Registered
1 Posts

2011 Sonata
I have 2011 Sonata and Have the problem of set not working. After reading this forum I turn my lights off of auto and the set worked every time. I set lights back to auto and the set still works every time. Time will tell it it repeats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts