Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost always use my cruise control. When I turn off my car then restart under 2 minutes, the cruise control doesn't work UNTIL I stop completely.

When I turn off my car over 2 minutes then restart, cruise control works fine.

Is something not resetting right or something? It doesn't bother me.. I just have to restart my car after 2 minutes so my cruise control works.

·
22,787 Posts
Doesn't seem right, to me. But it's easily checked out. I can try to duplicate this scenario tomorrow if I have time. Provided I can remember to do it. :eek:

My first thought is that there is something amiss in the cruise control unit. You sure seem to have your trials and tribulations with this GT of yours. Or, is it my imagination?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Moved to GT section, once again different vehicle. Specifically the GT has selectable steering modes that the MD does not have so its reasonable to assume the cruise control may be programmed differently.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've had that happen to me as well. I actually believe it may be a problem with the brake switch. I couldn't get the cruise control to engage again until I tapped the brakes a couple of times. Next time into the shop, I'll ask about it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have has similar results on my GT as well as my 2012 Elantra sedan. Basically it will not short cycle on and off and still allow the cruise to work correctly.
I had the dealer look into it but they could not replicate, they said, but I don't think they really tried.

Walt

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Why do you want to turn the car off and back on inside two minutes - not saying it should disable cruise, but it's extra wear on the starter, etc ...

Moved to GT section, once again different vehicle. Specifically the GT has selectable steering modes that the MD does not have so its reasonable to assume the cruise control may be programmed differently.
I understand wanting everything in the proper forum, but this problem might be common to the MD, and the 2014 MD does have selectable steering modes, so that particular argument doesn't hold up.

It's the moderator's decision, though ...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I first discovered the problem in my 2012 Elantra. In my attempts to get max fuel economy I would turn the car off (accessory on) at long stop lights. The first time that caused a problem with cruise I tried turning completely off but the problem persisted. I later discovered that if I reached up under the dash to the slide switch that is on the fuse block (that has something to do with memory data for the radio, etc), I could turn it off then back on after a short wait, the cruise would start working again.
With the GT I have learned not to turn off and on over short periods and it essentially is not a problem anymore.

Walt

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you want to turn the car off and back on inside two minutes - not saying it should disable cruise, but it's extra wear on the starter, etc ...

I understand wanting everything in the proper forum, but this problem might be common to the MD, and the 2014 MD does have selectable steering modes, so that particular argument doesn't hold up.

It's the moderator's decision, though ...
Because a lot of us visit the convenience store and they are not in the best neighborhoods. We're in and out of the store in less than a minute, but it is enough time for thieves to go into my car and steal something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you all for sharing because I have had all of the same issues with my cruise control. My cruise control option means everything to me. I use it 90 percent of the time. It's a great tool and keeps you in the illegal posted speed limit. It also helps me from slowing down or braking when it's unnecessary. I find it relaxing yet, not to relaxing and it gives me more time to see what's up a head and who's turning and where. I have been trying to figure this out for at least 5 months now. It has been extremely frustrating, time consuming and dangerous. You know I didn't know what to call it. It took me awhile but, I did notice that the steering options would change every time I press the cruise button and it would just keep changing over and over but didn't help or change the situation. I just assumed that I must have hit a button of some sort and messed something up. But, at least now I know it wasn't me and I finally stop trying to figure it out.. So, Thank you all for sharing it meant everything to me. And, please may I ask if anyone ever figures this out or how we can fix the problem please share that as well. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with the cc problem described but when I shut off my 2014 in the quiet of the garage I can hear all sorts of relays, solenoids, and switches going through a systematic shutdown. Every time, ever since I bought the car new. Doesn't take two minutes, but definitely much longer than the '16 MD and '15 Sonata we own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts