Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone knows if a certain repair could in any way CAUSE a cruise control problem. I use my cruise control every day on my drive to work. Took my 2008 Hyundai Tuscon in for a recall (Stop Lamp Switch Replacement). Next day, no cruise. The green light comes on when I turn on the cruise control, but as soon as I try to "set" the speed, the "set" light flashes on and then immediately off. Took it back to the dealer and they told me I need to replace a cruise control component. Sure seems suspicious that it worked fine until they did the "stop lamp switch" replacement. Any possible connection, or was this just total coincidence? Appreciate any insight!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at your receipt you got when you got your car back..

There is 2 switch applicable :

No cruise -- 93810-3KR0A-QQH

With cruise -- 93810-4DR0A-QQH

I will venture your receipt reflects a -3KR0A-QQH switch being listed in the parts section as the switch used...

Go back and have them install the -4DR0A-QQH for car equipped with cruise

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a MILLION! You are correct ... they installed the 3KR0A-QQH switch! When I asked if they could have possibly caused the problem with the cruise control, they explained there was nothing they could have possibly done to cause the problem. Can't wait to see what they have to say when I bring up the topic of the two different switches! Thanks again!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Tell them to look at the recall instructions..

Page 3 of the recall bulletin, top of page,, left column...

Show them where it says "with cruise" -- 4DR0A-QQH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at your receipt you got when you got your car back..

There is 2 switch applicable :

No cruise -- 93810-3KR0A-QQH

With cruise -- 93810-4DR0A-QQH

I will venture your receipt reflects a -3KR0A-QQH switch being listed in the parts section as the switch used...

Go back and have them install the -4DR0A-QQH for car equipped with cruise
just searched the forum looking for answers to my cruise control problem. Glad I found your post. I just verified that the incorrect part was installed in my vehicle as well. THANK YOU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts