Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my XG350 year 2004 has some problem with Cruise control. It was working fine until last month..until around 135k miles. First when i press Cruise button left side , it lits up green.

However electronic-dash-panel would not show it engaged. The Cruise control buttons on steering would not work. Please help if some fuse is blown up. If yes, where can i locate Cruise control fuse to check its blown and replace it with a new one. Can you help me with picture where to replace it.

Would appreciate your comment ....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i located 10A cruise-control fuse (under steering-fuse-box). It was not short. Replaced it with 10A spare. This did not fix the problem. What should i dig further....?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,099 Posts
Check that your brake lights are working properly.

Cruise Control automatically cancels when you press the brake pedal, so a fault with the brake lights can prevent it from activating.
Basically, the control module thinks your pressing on the brake pedal all the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had brake pressed with stick against driver-seat with ignition on, while i checked and i do see both lamps did not light Up. Only lamp which light up is the rear middle wind-shield brake lamp .

So, where do i go from here. I opened RL brake lamp. It's not open/short. I am puzzle why would both tail lamps not lit up.

Do you think both left and right brake fuses could be blown up ....?

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
Do you think both left and right brake fuses could be blown up ....?
The two main brake lamps are supplied power from the brake lamp bulb failure relay, so check that the relay fuse is OK. The relay fuse identifier on the fusebox cover is a little cryptic so I've highlighted the fuse location below :

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Wongpfh - fuse #27 is same as Red square highlighted by AUTOSPARK as 10A S/LP RLY.

and to answer AUTOSPARK, yes i did check fuse #27. it was not short. Even swapped fuse #27 with spare fuse #13.

Still brake light does not turn on and dash is showing lamp-light on warning.

Just Curious why my box says it as Spare..... Other than that i was wondering if wire routed on trunk hindge could be damaged... I am not sure wire routed via truck-high door has to do anything with it.. I guess not...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace offending open circuit stop light bulbs... some silly logic somewhere shuts down cruise for bulbs inop (lack of current draw to illuminate bulbs)

Might consider to up and replace both bulb at each side,, use quality bulbs, Sylvania LL bulb be good choice, 2357 LL I think it is

Cruise light on cluster works, so it aint a CRUISE fuse, as it is powered up,, something in logic not allow to SET..

XG has (5) stop lights if I recall,, 2 per side, and high mount

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Note the part number on both I/P fuse box cover,,, different markets,, we know "autospark" is across the pond (Sotland).. "vpandita6" has no location seen in profile to display in box under hi username,, but the tail warning that lights up when step on brake pedal may indicate USA or maybe Canada ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok... resolved my cruise..brake-light issue today...

I found all 4 lamps in semi-functional mode. i am saying semi-functional because each lamp has two filaments. as i insert lamp in 180-degree in holder, other filament would lit up....technically all four lamps were not-working even though filaments were in-tact. I replaced them with brand new #1157LL Sylvania...Now brakelight & Cruise are working fine.

Still not sure what would cause all 4 lamps to cook.. I assume high current amperage surge...

Would not like to ignore what my mom said" may be brake lamps are blown due to harsh freezing winter".

Thanks you all for your support. Without your help and direction it was not possible. Happy holidays.

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
Four blown bulbs...what are the odds of that? If your car had that Stop Lamp Failure Relay you'd have had a warning light on the instrument cluster telling you the bulbs had blown.

Anyway, glad your cruise control is working now and it was a cheap/easy repair. Thanks for posting back to confirm the fix.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
ok... resolved my cruise..brake-light issue today...

I found all 4 lamps in semi-functional mode. i am saying semi-functional because each lamp has two filaments. as i insert lamp in 180-degree in holder, other filament would lit up....technically all four lamps were not-working even though filaments were in-tact. I replaced them with brand new #1157LL Sylvania...Now brakelight & Cruise are working fine.
That tells me that the corrosion in the bulb socket was causing enough resistance to keep them from working
Don't throw good bulbs out. Maybe useful later on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts