Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I suddenly noticed that my cruise control toggle is loose/broken. I can feel that I can switch up but I can't switch down, so I can't set it at all. The knub itself is loose, but I cannot pull it off. Is this a part that can be replaced? And if so, can I do it myself fairly easily or should I have it serviced.

Anything I can do to fix it? I drive long distances and cruise control really is crucial to me so I'd love to have this resolved.

Thanks!

EDIT:
I think everything points to simply replacing this part
96720-D32004X

Now just to figure out how to change it.
Would this be the proper way?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,180 Posts
Would this be the proper way?
Yeah. But you should really disconnect the battery negative terminal before removing the airbag from the steering wheel, which the guy in the video failed to do.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you need to turn the wheel to get better access to the screws (why he had his engine running), then remove the screws first but do not remove the airbag. Simply center the wheel, shut down, disconnect the neg battery cable, wait a few minutes to ensure the capacitor has discharged, then have at it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've broken 3 already. I guess I'm too hard on it. I replaced mine myself too. Wasn't too hard. Hardest part for me was getting the airbag off. I bought my replacements off of ebay. I think $35 or around that price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts