Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2013 Santa Fe gls about 6 weeks ago. Cruise control has never worked and finally had time to take it in today to have it fixed along with minor rattling issues under the hood. The service guy said ir was probably a fuse issue so they replaced that and said they tightened everything they new to tighten that could be causing the rattle.

Cruise control still does not work. When I set the button, the green cruise light does appear on the display but it does not engage or truly work. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem? I called them 2 hours ago and just got an answering machine. No call backs yet. I would like to know more about a possible problem before I take it in next time.

As far as the rattle goes, they implied it could be an air turbulence issue causing the occasional rattle. It doesn't do it all the time, but annoying considering it is a new suv. I have a feeling that will be hard one to get resolved.

Anyway, if you have any tips shoot them my way. They had to order some new door latches as they are under some sort of a recall. A little disappointed in this purchase so far.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wow so disappointed with a few small issues?
Its a car they all have problems, more so when it's a first model year production.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow so disappointed with a few small issues?
Its a car they all have problems, more so when it's a first model year production.
Wow yourself. I've bought many new cars over the years without rattles and cruise control problems. How hard is it to fix a cruise control problem? Must be complicated on Hyundais. I'll stick to GM's in the future.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I have to agree with Indigo...every car will have problems to a certain degree...even some luxury vehicles are renowned for certain issues. Sometimes its luck of the draw. I really wouldn't use GM as company to put on a pedestal for sure...although you may not have had issues, there are lots of horror stories with GM vehicles...mine included. GM has some horrible QA.

But, that's besides the point. I am not sure what to tell you about the cruise control...seems really bizarre. You need to insist that the dealer figure this out and call Hyundai corporate if necessary.

As far as the rattle, suggest you use the search function in this forum and the Santa Fe Sport forum. There are threads that have addressed particular rattles, including the small flaps at the front of the rear wheel well. Some have found the clip loose causing rattling. Perhaps it sounds like it's coming from under the hood when in fact it is elsewhere? Sound travels in weird ways and the source can be hard to find. Rattles are irritating as heck, but many cars have them. My 2009 Highlander had a tick in the dash for 4 years of ownership and rattles around the hatch.

Anyway, hope these get resolved. Let us know if it works out and what the resolution is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it in this morning for the recall work on door latches and cruise control issue. We went on a test drive so he could hear the rattle and he did. He thought it was coming from underneath in the back. At least he heard it. Maybe by the end of the day the problems will be resolved.

He put me in a hybrid sonata for my loner. That quite ride is really something and drives very well.

·
22,788 Posts
What bothers me most about this: They claimed to have "fixed" the cruise? "Probably" a fuse? He didn't know? Didn't the tech or service writer take it out onto the street/highway and test their "repair?" Obviously not.

Wondering if the switch that "Sets" the cruise is signaling the module to activate the unit. The one that turns the cruise on/off is working. But what about the other one? No signal to the module? Bad clock spring? Other than that, I have no clue.

Really disappointed that the service people would turn the car back over to you without checking their repair, first. Doesn't bode too well for them, IMO!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please do let us know how the repair of the cruise control turns out. I have a 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited w/Nav and I have been having similar issues. Most of the time when I press the button to turn cruise control on/off, it works. However, it is a crap shoot as to whether or not the cruise control will set when I press the SET (-) button to set to the MPH I want. I would say it works about 50% of the time. The cancel button is a different story...I can only get cruise control to cancel about 5% of the time by pressing the cancel button on the steering wheel. The only way I can be absolutely certain that the cruise control has been canceled is by turning cruise control OFF or depressing the brake. I just traded in my 2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited for this 2013, and had zero issues with my 2011. I am getting ready to contact the dealership because it has only been 2 weeks, but just wanted to do my research first. I love my SonnyT, and am hoping it will be something fairly simple to repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts