Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings;

I was sent here for help from another message board as they thought you might be able to assist me with the cruise control on a 2001 Tiburon. This car was just purchased for my son and is in excellent shape, but it was very hard to start and the cruise control did not work when we picked it up. I assume that replacing the clutch switch pads and adjusting the clutch switches would cure both of those problems, and it did fix the hard start issue, but the cruise Is still being stubborn.

The cruise light does light up when the master switch is pressed but it won’t set. I was wondering if somebody could provide me with a diagnostic flow chart for this issue, or if there are any very well known problems with the system perhaps you could enlighten me.
Thanks for your help, and have a great day!

Fred

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I sent you here from BAT Auto. I have the info for the 2000, should be the same, but I won't be at that computer until the morning.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
My Gen Coupe does this. It's the brake light switch on it. When the cruise light is on but it won't set; I give the brake pedal a quick jab and then it sets. The switch has been replaced under the recall but apparently needs adjustment. It's not worth the effort for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll give that a shot. I was leaning toward one of the switches, but didn’t really want to lean my old butt that far over underneath the dash! Is that recall still active?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Popping the brake pedal didn't do it, and there are no recalls. Look like I'm going under the dash.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Here's the chart for your problem.
I have the wiring diagrams if you need them.
Do you have a scan tool that can read the CCM?

I wouldn't trust these things that much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do have a scan tool, but it won’t read the data stream in this car I don’t think. It’s a bluetooth module that hooks to my phone.

The wiring would be helpful. Am I looking for switched ground or positive at the brake and clutch switches, any idea? Wiring diagrams for those would be helpful as well. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts